About Me

Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Back Home

I am back from Izmir. Had a good trip and a very nice birthday dinner with my SIS and BIL.

Izmir was way too hot so, I did not feel like doing much at all. 

I went shopping yesterday and purchased some things in bulk. It was an expensive trip but, I will not need laundry detergent, dish soap, liquid hand soap, hand soap, diswashing tablets, toilet paper and napkins for at least till the end of the year if not more. I have enough fish and chicken in the freezer at least for a month. I would like to stretch them till July 23rd if I can.

I am planning to take a carry-on backpack to my trip in Scotland. I will stay in the same hotel room for 7 days, so I will pack very lightly. I am not planning to purchase any souvenirs or gifts. 

Today, the cleaning lady came and my home smells fresh. I will keep it tidy, I promise.


10 comments:

  1. Don't forget to have some Haggis and Irn Bru. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I was looking up about Scotland, I found out about them but, neither seems to be appealing. Lol! I heard there is vegetarian haggis. I definitely want to taste neeps and tatties with whisky sauce.

      Delete
  2. Welcome home! Glad you had a good trip. I definitely think you can stretch the fish and chicken until July 23. I cannot wait to hear about your trip to Scotland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am excited to go to Scotland. I am too chicken to drive on the left side of the road so, I will be sticking with Edinburgh and try to see some other places by train.

      Delete
  3. You really lead quite an exciting life with all your travels! I don't know Scotland at all well but I've heard insect repellant might be a good idea, just in case!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard about the annoying bugs/flies. As soon as I get there, I will buy some.

      Delete
  4. I hope you have a wonderful trip to Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home. My dd and her dh are planning a Scotland trip with some friends. I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I wish your DD and her DH safe travels. When will they be there? I checked the weather in late July and it seems like it is very unpredictable.

      Delete