About Me

Sunday, June 18, 2023

Chill Weekend

Yesterday, I did absolutely nothing. I was tired of all the walking I did on Friday with a friend around the Old Town in Istanbul. She is visiting her son and we always meet up when she is around.

I did only two loads of laundry and started the dishwasher. Other than that, I binge watched episodes of The Rookie. 

Today, I decided to drag my lazy self outside for a long walk after a very late breakfast. I talked to my American friend M while I was resting. She is going through some rough time due to health issues in her immediate family. 

I walked some more and had a cup of coffee before I came home. I know, it's not frugal. I should have made the cofee at home but, what's done is done.

As soon as I got home, I jumped in the shower and it felt so good. After I post this, I will go dress myself and prepare dinner. I decided today should be a vegetarian day so, I am going to make myself a bowl with wild rice, lentils, carrots and greens. Tomorrow, there will be salmon and sweet potatoes for dinner. 

Last night, I woke up to the noise of the thunder. It rained a lot during the night.  This year, the weather has been quiet weird. They say it is because of El Nino or La Nina, can't remember which.

Hope, you had a relaxing weekend. 

6 comments:

  1. I am glad you had a lazy Saturday. I have gone somewhere every weekend for the month and I am tired! We took my dad out today for brunch, it was nice. Love me some salmon, my mom did some stewed beef and rice today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having a fun summer is hard work. Happy Father's Day to your dad.

      Delete
  2. I think when you're so used to taking a picnic lunch etc. having the occasionaly coffee/lunch out is a real treat! We can't be sensible all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I was too tired to walk back up the hill to my home so, I got the coffee.

      Delete
  3. Lazy days are necessary some times. I'm glad you enjoyed the coffee. Little treats are always worth it.

    ReplyDelete