About Me

Monday, February 11, 2019

Busy busy...

I have been very busy with mom, projects and travel so much so that I did not realize I have not posted for a long while.

Healthwise I am fine. There is so much to be done. I feel a bit overwhelmed. I took mom to her home last Friday and came back yesterday. Now I can structure my days around project responsibilities.

In fact, I have been working all morning. Took a break to put a roaster in the oven and check on some blogs while having a light lunch. The bird will provide quiet a few meals and I will make stock using the carcass.

Tonight, I am having roast chicken with broccoli and mashed potatoes. I will also make some gravy to go with it. My favorite combination. Yumm...

I will have to plan what to do with the rest of the chicken. Some will be had with rice. I have some rice left and I need to use it up before buying a new bag.

A pot of soup is in the plans too. I think, I will freeze some of it for salads,sandwiches or small pot pies for one later on. I do not think, I can be eating chicken every day.

I have finished my tea as I typed this so, it is time to go back to work.




6 comments:

  1. Don't work too hard, remember you are supposed to be mostly retired lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! Mom says the same thing but I am sure, there will be no work in the summer. I can rest and enjoy the season then.

      Delete
  2. I love making soup and freezing it, great for a quick meal when I don't feel like cooking. Sounds like retirement & contract work is agreeing with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. I like this state of being semi-retired.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I like roast chicken and turkey. If done right, it is super tasty and juicy. Broccoli is one of my favorite veggies too.

      Delete