About Me

Monday, April 29, 2019

I'm Back!

I went to Ankara last week. Mom had just returned from Antalya with uncle and her home was in desperate need of cleaning. Her cleaning lady can no longer come because, apparently she and her husband had been divorced due to some financial issues but kept living together. She has two young daughters. As I understand, the ex-husband had promised to re-marry her after the financial things got sorted out but, he did not keep his promise. So, her brothers came and took her with them to the village they were from. I understand that her mom needs to be looked after and the brothers want her to look after the mom. The poor woman is separated from her home and her kids. She tried escaping back to re-unite with her children but, her ex threatened her that he would spread bad rumors about her and that her brothers would hear that too. He is probably seeing someone else. Some people... Sigh...

I found two young cleaning ladies through a friend of mine. They come together and instead of staying for the day, they are done within 4 hours. Last wednesday, they came for the first time. Mom liked them and I hope, they liked mom too. I told them, we would pay for their services even if mom is not home so, we want them to keep the half day every two weeks on Mondays. We will see...

I took her and my sister's FIL to the cardiologist. I also saw the cardiologist and my eye doctor. I am happy to report that everything is OK. The only thing left is a mammogram and a control appointment with the nephrologist.

I saw some friends while I was in Ankara and it was a nice visit overall.


4 comments:

  1. That poor woman! Glad you found new housekeepers, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel very sorry for her too. The daughters definitely need their mom.

      Delete
  2. So sad about your Mom's previous cleaning lady. I know since we found a cleaning lady for my Mom's place it is so much better - she is excellent and very hard working. Such a relief. Glad to hear no health issues, good to get the checkups done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Poor woman and poor kids. I am glad you found someone hard working for your mom.

      Delete