About Me

Thursday, May 2, 2019

Payments / Possibly a New Tenant / Weight Loss Update

I had taken over the payment of a loan of a family member you may recall. Mom wanted to keep her father's home in the family so, I took over the payment of this loan. The family home was collateral.

The good news is, I made another payment today and there are only 4 more payments to go. Yay me! It was a 48 month loan and I will have paid 34 of them come September. The first 14 were already paid before I have taken it over. I cannot wait to wipe the entire sheet dedicated to that in my Excel file. I will talk about how I use an Excel file for tracking my finances and other important aspects in my life in a separate post.

The Real Estate Agent called me today and told me a couple who will be married soon is interested in renting my apartment. They were asking for a price cut but were willing to make a full year's rent all at once. Weird, but OK. I did the math and it still makes sense. I just need to draw up the contract such that, if they want to go on a monthly basis next year, we should understand that the increase will have to be a different percentage. Inflation is quiet high so, I have to be careful.

Anyway, I do not know if this tenant will decide to rent my apartment or not till tomorrow. I really wish, it could rather be sold but, whatever...

I fell of the weight loss vagon last week when I was in Ankara and I was scared to weigh myself. Today, I plucked up courage and weighed myself. No gain! I thought, I gained but, I did not! I am back on track now and I did quiet well today. Not only watched what I ate but also, walked for over a half hour. If the weather permits, I will walk more tomorrow. Thinking back, I did not make bad choices bur, ate a bit more than I should have.

I printed a page of weight loss inspiration and a cartoon of Dr. Nowzaradan and put both sheets up on my fridge. Lol!

Since there is not much work in the horizon, this year will be my year to take care of myself and have a nice long vacation (Bucket List #1). Next year may be different who knows?



8 comments:

  1. Sounds like things going all in the right direction for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was good of you to take over the payments on the family home. It's quite an accomplishment to almost have it paid off! You're doing well with your weight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where will you vacation to? Taking care of yourself should be the priority - good for you. Very weird they want to pay a year in advance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be in the US from late October till early January. I am so excited. I will be in upstate NY mostly but will drive down to Tampa Florida. Planning to visit Savannah GA, Charleston SC, Lancaster PA on the road to and from Tampa.

      Delete
  4. I know that if people pay a full years rent in advance over here, they usually get a price cut.....well done on not gaining weight.

    ReplyDelete