About Me

Monday, May 20, 2019

Beautiful Sunday and Laundry Week

Yesterday was a glorious day very appropriate for the 100th Anniversary of Mustafa Kemal Ataturk's (the founder of modern Turkey) arrival in Samsun to start the Turkish Independence War.

I met two friends for lunch and coffee. One was our ex-office assistant, the other was the wife of a colleague from the same company who passed a year and a half ago. Had a very good time and came back to a clean home.

I am doing laundry as I type this. I need to wash, dry and put away the contents of the laundry basket in addition to all the curtains I am planning to wash. I am thinking this will be a 2-3 day job. I do not have a dryer so, everything requires time to get dry. I can hang up some of the curtains right after the wash but, some of them need to be dried flat.

I have paid the first installments of the real estate taxes on all of the properties that mom and I own online today They were due by the end of this month. Thankfully, those taxes are not anywhere near the ones in the US. Even so, we complain :)

I must also pay the second and final part of the repairs made in the Ankara apartment. The new tenant called me last week to say hi and get to know each other. She is a young lady working for a major bank and she will be getting married late August. They wanted to rent the apartment, get it painted and start furnishing before the wedding. I told her as long as they paid on time and maintained the apartment, we should not have any problems.

I feel like a lot of money is leaving my pocket this month. Mom and I will be visiting my sister and BIL in June so, that will not be a very frugal month either. It doesn't mean that I should not be careful. I still have enough gas in my car to last till the end of this month and I do have lots of food in the pantry. I think, except for fresh groceries, I will not need much.

Gotta go and get my exercise now. Although, I do not feel like doing it today, I must.


4 comments:

  1. I don't feel like exercising today either, but I will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a set of good tenants, anyone who works for a bank is usually a pretty good risk. I've already hit the end of the grocery budget this month - and have 10 days to go but the fridge/pantry is full. Perhaps I will just try and minimize the overage to buying the odd thing to complete a meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I am thinking too. Price of fresh produce is slowly going down but, not fast enough.

      Delete