About Me

Saturday, May 11, 2019

Hidden Treasures

I have recently been digging into boxes of paperwork, file folders and etc. Dug out my grandfather's medical diploma and documents about his work as a medical doctor in Vienna Austria. I knew that I had those documents but, it has been years since I had looked at them.

Upon digging further, look what I have found:


These AAA TourBooks are from last century, 1991-1992. They are in mint condition (who cares?).

I immediately thought of putting them in the re-cycling bin, but since I will be traveling from upstate NY to Floria and back in November, I can make use of the parts where they talk about each city on my way to and from. I have decided to keep them.

I also found the following which I will definitely be keeping. They are also from 1990-1993 with the exception of Phantom of the Opera which is from December 1999. Forgot to take a picture of Miss Saigon Playbill. Been to Cats twice.


These things brought back many great and bittersweet memories and I got quiet emotional as I type this while listening to the thunderstorm outside. It is one of those days when you want to curl up with a blanket and hot cocoa by the window. I think, I will do just that.

I have also dug out several souvenir books and Museum Guides from the places I have been to both in Europe and in the US. They will no longer be in hiding. I will pack some books I have read, in the boxes and put them away, making room for this stuff on the upper, open shelves of my library so that, I will remember to pull one out and enjoy.from time to time.

Off I go to make my cocoa... Enjoy your weekend! Here is a video of Barbara Streisand who according to me is the best singer who sang "Memory".

UPDATE: After the thunderstorm, it is now beautiful and sunny with a gorgeous blue sky... Mother Nature!

No comments:

Post a Comment