About Me

Friday, May 3, 2019

Nice day!

Finally, the Spring is here and I had a nice day mostly outside in the afternoon.

I went out by 2 p.m. and gave my prescription to the neighborhood pharmacy. Told them I would be back before 7 p.m. when they close.

I walked down to the main street and hopped on a bus, got off at the nearest Metro (subway) station to go down to Kadikoy. It is a busy area and walking is a bit of a chore but, I did walk around quiet a bit, looked at some old book sellers, sat down for a cup of Turkish coffee and walk some more. Next time, I will go down there either for lunch or dinner. The fish market is great and there are good but inexpensive restaurants.

I hopped on the Metro again. I had to walk to the intersection to get another bus because the road was one way coming back. That was another longish stretch of walk. I made it back to the main street and went back to the Pharmacy where I sat down a bit because, I was totally exhausted since I had to climb up the hill. I came home feeling very proud of myself for having walked 8800 steps.

I want to be able to walk 10,000 steps all at once and not feel exhausted at all. That is my goal. I think, if I keep on like this, I can do that by mid-summer. My muscles feel strong and my legs definitely want to move. Using public transport helps with the arm muscles too if you are standing because, in the crazy traffic, you can never anticipate when the driver will step on the brakes or the gas pedal. You need to hold on well. Crazy!

Tomorrow, I am going to meet a friend at noon and will go to the farmer's market later on. I am planning to walk tomorrow too but, I will walk less because the dietician warned me against upping exercise too quickly.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Oh I don't think I could walk 10,000 steps all at once. That's four miles, right? Well, maybe I could do that but I would have pretty sore feet the next day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot do it now either but, I would like to build up my strength to do it. Now that you have said 4 miles, I have doubts too. Well we can try, right? :)

      Delete
  2. I HAVE to get back into walking, the weather has been so wet recently here though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you will start walking soon in your new neighborhood. You have inspired me to walk, thank you for that!

      Delete
  3. Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good day of walking - I had a good week last week, not so much this week. The diet part is going ok for us though, both lost a couple of pounds (we only started 2 weeks ago)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on teh weight loss. I think walking and drinking tons of water helps me to lose faster.

      Delete