About Me

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Grocery Shopping Online

I was making a list yesterday for grocery shopping and as I was checking some prices online, I found out that, if I used the mobile app for the store, there was a 12,5% discount coupon for the total amount and no delivery fees. Sweet!

I downloaded the app and placed my order. I wasn't feeling like going anyway. I placed a little bigger order than I was originally planning so, I cooked a lot of stuff today, cooled them down, divided them into portion sizes and popped them in the freezer. I had cleaned up the freezer so, it was time to fill it yet again.

I know the quality of the food is always good when they deliver. This store is right next to the store's HQ and that is where I shop most of the time. They carry the best and freshest stuff and avoid complaints like the plague. After all, the boss is right next door.

I do my grocery shopping online only occasionally because, I like to go to the store and choose what look best. My shopping list would say vegetables or fruit but, I never specify anything before I see them in person. Online shopping requires you to make decisions without seeing the actual produce so, you are taking a chance.

The only thing they brought which was not in great shape was the celery. It was Ok though. I used most of it for soup and the rest will go in a chicken salad tomorrow.



6 comments:

  1. That's a good discount - plus delivery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I wasn^t expecting that because this chain is considered above average but, they honor loyalty so, I get many small discounts. This one was nicer.

      Delete
  2. Great discount. I've never ordered groceries online for delivery before, although they do have that service by multiple stores even in our small town. Try chopping up the celery into several inch pieces and soaking in water overnight, it will perk right up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did soak it in water. I remember reading about that in one of the blogs. It must have been yours.

      Delete
  3. I've ordered groceries online for delivery several times. I did get some produce that was past its prime twice, but was given a refund for those things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate how you put an effort for these writings about grocery shopping app and I would recognize that you really did a good job!

    ReplyDelete