About Me

Sunday, May 5, 2019

Weight Loss Motivation

Yesterday, I stepped on the scale and loved what I have seen. As of yesterday I have lost 15 pounds in total! The best motivation to lose weight is to lose weight. To me anyway:)

I also went out and had lunch with a friend I have not seen in quiet a while. We had lots of catching up to do. I had steamed vegetables and a small grilled chicken breast.

After I left my friend, I went to a farmer's market but, forgot to get cash from an ATM. When I opened my wallet, I realized that I had very little money. I asked around, but there were no ATMs within a reasonable distance.

I was able to buy the following with what I had in my wallet:

2 pounds of cucumbers
1 bundle green onions
1 bunch of dill weed
2 bunches of parsley
1 bunch of purslane
2 pounds of fresh fava beans
1 pound of strawberries
1 pound of green peppers

After mentally kicking myself, I woved to stash a large TL bill in my cell phone wallet just in case. I used to do it but, I must have spent the money and forgot to stick another bill in there.

Then I went to the grocery store to get meat, cheese, bulgur wheat, sundried tomatoes and salad greens. I was gonna get tomatoes too, but the quality of those were not comparable to the ones in the farmer's market. Bummer! Well, there is always next week.

I was famished when I got back home so, I fixed a quick dinner and had some fresh strawberries afterwards.

I think, I am all set for this week grocerywise. I have also started to track my spending this month.
Here is my food plan for the week:

Today's Lunch: Chick Peas and Bulgur Pilaf
Today's Dinner: Lunch Meat on a Salad

Monday Lunch: Green beans in olive oil and a purslane salad with yogurt
Dinner: Out with friends

Tuesday Lunch: Fresh fava beans in olive oil and purslane salad with yogurt
Dinner: My version of a Tabouleh

Wednesday Lunch: Fresh Fava Beans in olive oil
Dinner: Meat patties I had made and frozen and a salad

Thursday Lunch: Green salad with Tuna on top
Dinner: Stuffed peppers and a salad

Friday Lunch: Leftovers
Dinner: Out with friends (most likely grilled fish and salad)

I do not have plans for the weekend yet. I think, I will eat out of the freezer before I go cook new things to eat and freeze. I also need to take a hard look at my pantry. Needless to say, the fridge needs to be cleaned.




4 comments:

  1. You're doing really well with your meal planning, weight and fitness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan! I am trying. I hope, these will become my new routine so, I do not go back to gaining weight again.

      Delete
  2. Wow, 15 pounds is a huge accomplishment - congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The hard part is to keep up the good work. I am giving this my best shot.

      Delete