About Me

Friday, May 17, 2019

This and That

In my previous post, I had said that I would get rid of some old photos. Well, I am all done! While I was at it, I looked at all the photos I handled and tossed more than I expected. They did not spark joy! (Hello Marie Kondo!)

I also tossed three albums which were falling apart and put the photos I wanted to keep in a neat tin box just the perfect size to hold them. Never knew I had so many pictures prior to the digital era.

This cleaning up, tossing stuff out and de-cluttering activity is making me feel really good. I am claiming a lot of space I did not know I could. It is also a good way to keep busy when the weather is not cooperating.

Today is another windy and rainy day with low temperatures. So, I was on the treadmill. I listen to mystery stories on Librivox as I exercise. Sometimes I watch an episode of Grace and Frankie on Netflix. I have always loved Lily Tomlin and I have learnt to like Jane Fonda on this show. Today, I walked 2.7 miles in 45 minutes. Felt really good.

Among today's chores are; two loads of laundry, changing the sheets on my bed and general picking up and tidying. The cleaning lady will come on Sunday so, when she comes, I will take down the curtains and wash them. I hang some of them back right after washing and some need to be dried horizontally to prevent sagging.

I am also going to meet some friends at 2 p.m. on Sunday afternoon and I guess I should leave home an hour earlier. That will not leave me much time to wash all the curtains before I go. So, I will probably do some of it later at night or on Monday.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge Jane Fonda fan either, but I do love this show. They are both so funny and make a good pair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watching shows while on the treadmill helps, I used to do that, need to get back on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to sort through pictures too but keep putting it off. I shredded a lot of documents I no longer need over the winter, but that seems to be an ongoing thing.

    ReplyDelete