About Me

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Work... Out of the blue

I was thinking that there were no work prospects for the summer. However, I have been called to a meeting today. There is a customer meeting on Friday and one of the projects which we thought was buried, came alive. I will help out a new colleague for the Friday meeting but, will not be involved with that project.

The zombie project is only two hours away from Izmir so, I will be working from my sister's home. I may have to go to the customer site once or twice a week. Nice!

I have been told there was another project somewhere on the Black Sea coast but, I have already planned to be in Izmir for some time so, I bowed out of that one. I will support them offline if and when they need help. No direct flights from Izmir to that city and to be honest, it is not something I would like. Family owned businesses are OK when there is one senir person calling the shots but when there are too many egos involved, thank you very much! Don't need the stress.

We will see how much extra money I will be able to bring in before I leave for my big vacation in October. I have the money earmarked for it but every little extra is nice.

I have a very solid budget yet, unanticipated expenses pop here and there all the time. In August for instance, I will have some repairs done for a water damage in my bedroom. After the fix, the whole room will be painted. I knew the repairs would have to be done but, did not have any idea regarding the cost. My estimate was a little over half of what it will be.

As I type this, I am enjoying a nice, cool breeze after a hot day. It is almost midnight so, I better go. Hope everyone is having a good day.


4 comments:

  1. Nice! Especially when you thought there was no work to be had before your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo for work! Money is good. And, I imagine this feeds other needs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to have the extra income and keep a little, but not too, busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That kind of out of the blue surprise is always nice. I've found a couple of good gigs that way too!

    ReplyDelete