About Me

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

I'm back!

I didn't have much to blog about recently. I exercised regularly and watched what I ate until a couple of days ago. I went to my mom's to bring her here and ended up eating out three times with her. Yikes! We are back to normal now.

Yesterday, I took her to get a prescription and then to lunch. We then went to visit an old colleague of my dad's. We used to live in the same neighborhood due to my father's and his colleague's work. Mom and his wife were also friends. He is 8 years my dad's senior and is bed ridden for the last two years. He loved my dad as a brother and was shocked when he passed away 25 years ago. They all got a bit sentimental but, were glad we visited.

After the visit, we drove home to Istanbul.

I haven't been reading my favorite blogs for a while so there is a lot of catching up to do.

However, I first need to go grocery shopping, get cash, have my mom's prescription processed and plan our weekly menu. I plan my menu to make sure we consume the things that may go bad sooner than the others. If I buy strawberries and apples, I make sure we eat the strawberries first. I process the fresh veggies within two days of bringing them home.

We will be here till Monday 24th and on that date, we will be going to Izmir to my sister's. I will be able to go to beaches and enjoy the sea hopefully.

Gotta get going now. Wishing everyone a great day!


11 comments:

  1. I hate to let strawberries spoil! It sounds like you are enjoying retirement. I am glad you can do things with your mother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. Both mom and I are very dominant characters but we do love each other so, we enjoy each other's company especially when I am not being lazy:)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a nice break. Enjoy your time with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! How was your weekend wth your daughter?

      Delete
    2. it was nice. Went way too fast!

      Delete
  3. It will be nice for you to have time with your family and to get to the beach. I keep meaning to get back to meal planning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jan, we are all looking forward to it.

      Delete
  4. OH! I missed your birthday - Happy Belated birthday! We're only a few weeks apart :) I bought strawberries the other day - along with some double cream as a treat. Yum! They're delicious right now.

    It sounds like retirement is something you should have done years ago! Ha ha! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in the same boat - haven't paid much attention to blogging lately as not much new. I had a birthday recently too - a popular time of year I guess. Are you a gemini? Mine was May 26.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Belated Birthday! Yes, I am a Gemini too.

      Delete