About Me

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Walking!

During the last three days, I have been going outside and walk. The weather has been real good and while walking, I am sure, I am getting lots of Vitamin D.

The number of steps I have taken in three consecutive days are as follows:

- 8924
- 7960
- 9162

I am feeling pretty good and surprised that I am not sore at all.

I am just getting out without taking my car and walking to the main street to jump on a public transportation vehicle and I get off at some place I just feel like at that moment and start walking. This way, I am getting to know the public transportation better. It is really very inexpensive in Istanbul. Most rides are less than USD 0.50 and if you are going in one direction on multiple vehicles, the second and third rides in the same direction within 1 hour are discounted. So, if I take the Metro (subway-underground) to Kadıkoy, the ferry ride across the two continents is discounted. I can then take a tram to wherever and that will also be discounted. There is this thing called Istanbul Kart that I use exclusively for the public transportation. You can load money to the card in many places. It really is very convenient.

Tomorrow, I will walk in the neighborhood. On Wednesday, I am going to visit a friend at Buyukada, one of the Prince's Islands. So, I will walk on the treadmill in the morning before showering and heading to the island.

I am in the mood for visiting museums nowadays. The day before yesterday, I have visited the Isbank Museum. We shall see where else I will end up visiting.


2 comments:

  1. I've been able to get outside to walk in the evenings too. You've been getting a lot of steps. I had a step counter a while back but it quit working. It's nice you have the option of public transportation. Have fun on your outings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love walkable cities, Istanbul seems like it is that. It sure is easier when there is good public transportation at reasonable prices. Museums will help you get your steps in too!

    ReplyDelete