About Me

Thursday, November 23, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is my favorite American Holiday and I love a good Thanksgiving dinner with all the fixings.

Many years ago, my sister and I went to have a two-week vacation in the US. We were visiting two of my friends whom I consider family.

The first friend we visited made a Thanksgiving menu since, she knew how much I liked it. There were plenty of leftovers after the first night. While we stayed there, we ate up the rest of the TG dinner mostly at nights when we were home.

After that first week, we moved to my other friend's home. Guess what she made for dinner?

You should have seen my sister's face. My friend's husband was going to have a surgery the next day and we were there to get the kids ready for school, drop them at school to be picked up by their grandpa every day. So, there were again plenty of leftovers for mostly us to eat for dinner. My sister is not so thrilled about turkey but, at least she likes the stuffing.

I am making a turkey dinner for the New Year this year and today my sister called me to tell that she wants plenty of stuffing if she has to endure eating turkey. Lol! I will also make her favorite cinnamon rolls to ease her suffering:)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

2 comments:

  1. That's funny. What does she not like about turkey? Would she prefer chicken/hen? Maybe next year you can find some American expats to share Thanksgiving dinner.

    I've got a 9x13 inch pan of dressing in the oven right now. Stuffing is in the bird. Dressing is in a pan. Do you stuff the turkey? You can always freeze it to sort of spread it out over time. Happy Thanksgiving to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess she got tired of eating turkey and she likes chicken better. I do not stuff the turkey. I place sraps of veggies in the cavity to keep the moisture. I make the stuffing separately. Have a Great Thanksgiving!

      Delete