About Me

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

New Year New Budget

I use an excel file with many sheets dedicated to different aspects of my budget. One sheet shows my monthly income and expenses as my budget. Another sheet contains a graph with my Net Worth. Another one is dedicated to mid and long-term unavoidable expenses which I need to forecast such as renovations around my house, a new car and etc.

I also keep a lot of my personal info on this excel file and that is why it has a strong password.

Now, it is that time of the year again when I start working on my next year's budget. I will up all the expenses since we are being hit by double digit inflation for the last year and the Government is ruthlessly upping the taxes because they manage the resources very poorly. Such idiots!

I am also expecting a salary increase but we shall see. Before I see it in my bank account, I am not counting on it. 

My mom is refusing to go abroad for a vacation. She says she is getting very tired and she cannot handle long flights anymore. Therefore, I am planning two vacations this year. One with her and one alone. I do not know where we shall go together just yet but, I would like to go to Scotland by myself.

Since I am not comfortable driving on the left side of the road, I will not rent a car. I want to stay in small towns; the kind you see in Midsomer Murders. 

Other than getting a couple of things fixed and buying two TV chairs, I am not planning any expenses at home because I do not spend much time there.

I started looking at my budget and I will tweak it here and there till the end of the year.



6 comments:

  1. I was confused. In Turkey do you drive on the right side of the road like we do in the US? At one time, I think I could handle driving on the left side of the road. Now, I don't think I want to chance that, not that I am going anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we drive on the right side just like you do. That is why I am so comfortable driving in the US for long long distances. On top of my bucket list is a road trip from Thousand Islands to Key West. I will set aside a whole month to drive the distance staying and visiting all places that I might be interested in. I hope, I will be able to save the money to do that.

      Delete
  2. That's too bad your mom doesn't feel up to traveling with you long distance anymore. Scotland is my dream trip. My great grandparents immigrated from there in 1912 when my grandpa was 4 years old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She gets tired easily. All she wants is me driving her around. When I do that, I do not get to see many things. So, I guess, part of the reason is she thinks she is slowing me down.

      Scotland and Ireland are the only two places I want to see in Europe. I have been to several other places already and there are no other places I am curious about.

      Delete
  3. Oh!! I'm going to be in Edinburgh in April for my birthday! Come and join me. I'll do the driving...! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I wish I could make it in April. That would be truly wonderful.

    ReplyDelete