About Me

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Procrastination

I have an 18 page Contract that I must read very carefully and mark inappropriate paragraphs and ask for revisions.

It is soooo boring and full of BS that I have aready typed up 2 pages of revision requests and I am on page 10. Oh boy!

I had been postponing this work but, today, it has to be finished. I am glad I am not a lawyer. I cannot imagine doing this every day for a living.

I procrastinate a lot when I have something I do not like to do. However, the logical course of action would be getting it done a.s.a.p to get it out of the way right? For instance my grandma on my mom's side absolutely hated housework. Each day, she would get up at 6 to attack all sha had to do and ususally by 9 a.m. she would have cleared off all that she had to do that day. She would then pick-up a book or a piece of sewing or knitting and relax except for meal times.

Are you a procrastinator= Or are you like my grandma?

5 comments:

  1. Procrastinator - big time! I'm like you and put off things that I don't want to do, when logically I KNOW, like your grandma, that getting them done first leaves me all the more time to do what I want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I had to iron as a teen, mama told me to do the hated or hard stuff first, then the rest would not be so onerous. Sometimes, I do the hard/hated things first. Sometimes, I just procrastinate.

    When folding clothes, something I do not mind doing, I get all the towels out of the basket first, then it looks like I am almost through. Same with a basket with sheets in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your mom was smart. I wish I could put the wisdom into action.

      Delete