About Me

Monday, July 8, 2019

Realizations about myself...

After spending two weeks in Izmir, I have realized that I cannot move to Izmir or any other place on the Aegean because;

  1. It is too darn HOT! 
  2. People are soooo sssllloooowwww....
  3. Service Industry sucks
  4. I am a fast paced, BIG CITY GAL! It is Istanbul or New York City or bust!
  5. People here have no idea about driving properly minding the rules and people around
I am never coming here in June-July-August. Have I mentioned that it was so darn HOT?

Today we went to a beach where the water was really cold and it was a dream. I could stay in the water forever. We found another beach where mom can stay in the shade while I go and swim. On Tuesday we will go there.

Next weekend is a three day weekend and mom, my sister and brother (in law) and I will go to Kas in Antalya on the Mediterranean. It will be hot but, the sea is amazing there.

Off I go to melt away...

3 comments:

  1. They are probably slow because it is so hot, LOL. I'm not a hot weather person either, but the water does sound nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. To me you live in an exotic location, yet you complain...lol. Okay, I do understand, but I have never been there so it just seems exciting. The heat alone would keep me away. While I do love heat more than cold, I do not want to suffocate. From the complaints, I don't think any small-town has good driving conditions. But, we do hit people going at a lower speed...lol. I am glad you are having an amazing time even with the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, sorry, I shouldn't laugh but I know EXACTLY what you mean. When I was really, really fed up of my commute I thought about retiring to Spain. I love Spain, speak Spanish and it is much cheaper than here in France where I live. But having hit 40° a few times here last year I realized what lunacy it would be to move to somewhere even hotter. My friend lives in Madrid and while they have air con of course she said you spend about 2 months with the blinds down trapped in your home - so I guess I'll give Spain a miss then. LOVE Turkey by the way, you have a beautiful country!

    ReplyDelete