About Me

Thursday, July 25, 2019

Savings and waste and stuff

Since I had the vertigo, we were at home all this week until today. We had enough groceries to cover our meals and we did well. Today we went out for coffee and a treat. Both mom and I resented our choices and we felt nauseaus afterwards. Not a big chunk of money but, surely a waste.

I bought two bottles of shampoo deeply discounted. Then we returned home.

Tomorrow we both have doctors appointments for prescriptions and I need a blood test. We will have breakfast after the doctors visit. Having breakfast out is better than having dinner out moneywise. Right?

I will also have a haircut and get my hair shortened significantly which will get rid of the balayage and from then on I will be able to color my own hair again. This will save me quiet a chunk of change. Especially, when I am in the US for almost three months come October, that will help me manage my hair. I am not setting foot at a hair salon in the US. Yikes! It is a lot cheaper in here.

I have two days of work next week so, there will be some little extra income.

The economy in the country is headed to disaster so, saving every penny, or "kurush" in my case is becoming more important.

I cannot believe that I have less than 90 days to go before my big vacation. I saved USD 16 by re-booking the same hotel room at a different site that offered a discount yesterday. I will be staying at hotels for 12 days for the time being during my road trip from NY to FL and back. I may end up scheduling some other travel during my time there but that depends on the plans we will make with my friends.

8 comments:

  1. Hope your vertigo clears up! I've had it and know how it feels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. It wasn't too bad this time but I can still feel that it is not gone yet.

      Delete
  2. That's exciting that your trip is coming up so fast. Out of curiosity, how much does it cost to get your hair cut there? In Canada I pay $50 just for a cut...hubby pays $39, yes, it is a rip off his is cheaper. When I get my hair streaked and cut every 3 months it is $125

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pay $20 for a haircut and about $50 for the streaks and cut. I pay only 4 USD for my eyebrows. These exclude tips of course. On another note the cost of living and the standart of living are very much different in our respective countries. For instance gas is very expensive but paying someone to have your home painted is not so expensive.

      Delete
  3. I wish I were on the route from NY to FL. I have paid $15 for haircut with no wash or styling because I hate to get my hair washed or styled at shop. Now that my beautician is gone, I pay $28 for just the cut. Breakfast is sooo much cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't heard the term balayage before so looked it up on google. Very attractive! I cut my own hair (very short) and have saved myself at least $60/month over the past 20+ years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I wish I could do it as well. I am not handy at all. Balayage looks really nice and I will miss it but, need a practical and manageable hair till after the new year.

      Delete