About Me

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Busy day...

I woke up late today but I had many errands to run and since I left my car at mom's, I had to walk.

First I went to the the local health care center to get a prescription for all my regular meds plus an antibiotic.  I did not think the doctor would prescribe the wide spectrum antibiotic but, as I told her I would be away for quiet a while, she agreed. I hope not to have to use it.

Then I went downstairs to the pharmacy to hand them my prescription. Didn't wait for them and said I would pick the package later in the day and walked to the bank to pick up my renewed credit card. The lady at the bank was a former employee of my BIL and she was super nice.

I then went to get my prescription sunglasses. I had them put in new lenses into the frame I already had so, that did not cost a lot.

I hopped on a bus to go to Carrefour to check out suitcases because the duffel bag I am planning to take is now off acceptable limits. Bummer! I have a twenty dollar cheap bag I bought from Chinatown years ago. May be I will use that along with my good suitcase. So, before I bought another one, I decided to pack and see first. I purchased a few grocery items to consume what I have on hand. By the time I was finished, I was exhausted and had a heavy bag to carry so, I hailed a cab.

I went back to the pharmacy, picked up 3 months worth of meds.

I also picked up the delivered packages while I was away.

Now it is time to wash everything, plan what to pack in which bag and etc. I feel so ready for this trip. I am crossing all fingers and toes so that, nothing comes my way to jeopardize my plans.

2 comments:

  1. You are brave! I don't think I could/would travel the US alone, let alone a different country. I hope you have a fabulous 3 months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! But it really is not that hard. I was 22 when I first came to the US and I stayed for more than three years. This was before cell phones and GPS. In the last thirty years I must have visited at least 20 times and feel pretty much at home.

      Delete