About Me

Thursday, October 10, 2019

I am such an idiot!

Yes I am! I forgot my ATM/Credit combo card in the machine today. Thankfully, nobody took it and the machine swallowed it. I have spoken to the Call Center rep and he says a new card will be issued and sent to my address within 7-13 days. Yikes! That does not work for me. Thankfully my sister is a branch manager at the same bank and I know she can pull some strings to get me the new card faster.

To be on the safe side, I inquired if my other card will allow me to make payments in USD when I use it in the US. It looks like they do. In the past, I would make USD purchases and the bank would convert it to TL at a higher exchange rate than the prevailing market rate and I would end up losing money. So, I had stopped using this card. Tomorrow, I will take care of that.

The only inconvenience is that, I will have to deposit USD into an account at this bank. When I come back from Ankara, I will deal with that. Not a big deal.

I have so much going on at the same time and when I do, I sometimes act without my brain. Today was one of those days... Sigh...

2 comments:

  1. It's good your card wasn't taken. I didn't know the machine would swallow it if you don't take it back. There are always so many things to think of before a trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jan. There are so many things that I feel a bit overwhelmed despite being an organized person. Who knows what I was thinking.

      Delete