About Me

Saturday, October 26, 2019

Downton Abbey Movie and more NYC

Yesterday my hosts and I went to see the Downton Abbey Movie. It was cute and I got to see my favorite actress, Dame Maggie Smith.

We had wonderful lobster rolls by the water before we went in to the theater and it was a nice, relaxing day.

Today, I went to Chinatown and Little Italy. I walked and walked and walked. I had a light lunch of  soup and grilled chicken salad at Il Corallo Trattoria. It was a busy place but the service was wonderful. I liked it so much that I think I will go back once more.

After walking some more and checking out stores and the general neighborhood, my legs and feet screamed at me so I went to Ferrara where I always have cannoli. Theirs is the best cannoli ever. However, their service is always slow. This time was not different. If it weren't for the taste, I would not go there.

Then I walked over to 6th Avenue and got on the subway to come back home. As I type this, I am waiting for my BFF to have dinner together. She will stay with us at her sister's over the weekend. I think they have planned a winery visit on Long Island tomorrow. Should be fun.

I love being back in the City walking around and taking in the city.

I should be taking more pictures and sharing over here.


4 comments:

  1. I think the desserts at Ferrara are so delicious but you are right about the service. Not only are they slow but the can cop an attitude quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! But the taste always reels me in. Lol!

      Delete
  2. NYC is the best place for walking! I haven't been since 2002, but my NYC friend (I have since lost contact) and I walked and walked and walked and walked...amazing! Sounds like the perfect start to your holiday. (PS: I live 'close-ish' to Highclere, where Downton is filmed and although I'm not a fan, when you come for a visit, let's visit the manor house!) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not a fan of Downton Abbey? I am shocked. Lol! I would love to visit England again. I especially would like to be in the country and take the train to Scotland. One of these days...

      Delete