About Me

Thursday, October 17, 2019

Ugh!

My apartment is a mess. The gifts, the clothing items, the meds and other necessities are all scattered around. I have no idea how and when this happened but, I am the culprit.

Today, I have decided to take care of the meds and pack my carry-on. I had borrowed my mom's carry-on rolling suitcase and was planning to take that. I only packed it halfway, thinking that I could put my laptop on top and be done with it. Something made me weigh it and opps! It was 7something kgs. What? A pair of pants, a blouse, a cardigan, meds and a change of underwear plus pajamas. How could that be?

Then I emptied the thing and weighed it by itself. It was 4,5 kgs! The allowance is only 8. So, it turned out to be a stupid idea to take that.

I hopped on a bus to go to Metro Gross Market and looked at the suitcases over there. Their prices were outrageous although all the bags were super light. I took a cab to Carrefour and looked at the carry-ons over there. The selection was huge with a variety of prices. I had this luggage scale and a measuring tape with me and I started looking at all the bags and compared prices. I spent more than half an hour choosing a carry-on. The lightest bag was less than 2 kgs and before I walked out with it, I sat down to grab a bite.

My inner voice told ne to check the luggage requirements one last time and of course what I selected was not good on the airline I am flying with. Some airlines tell you to add up three dimensions and anything below 115 cm. is good. But the airline I am flying with specifically requires a maximum of 55x40x23. So, I walked back and spent another good 20 minutes. By the time I checked out, there were no cabs available. I waited for a WHOLE HOUR to get a cab and could not get one. So, I stuffed my things in the rolling bag and walked outside the store to a busy intersection. Luckily, I found a cab. The driver told me at that hour it was almost impossible to find a cab.

I normally never need cabs and certainly I had no idea about their rush hour and driver exchange hours.

I am so exhausted. Took a long hot shower and will kick back and relax.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They keep changing these things. I think IATA should standardize this and the airlines should comply with that.

      Delete
  2. That was a good idea to bring a luggage scale and measuring tape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it is exhausting to be me. I think about minute details noone ever bothers with.

      Delete