About Me

Saturday, April 4, 2020

Can't think of a post title

First and foremost, I would like to thank you all who commented on my last post. I appreciate your well wishes and prayers. We do need them very much.

Mom is still in the hospital, still the same. Not getting any better. She has pneumonia in both lungs. 3 Covid tests came out Negative. She is still intubated. This is day 17.

Us? Still hoping for the day she recovers and comes back home. .

I have been driving myself insane by checking mom's health account several times during the day. Feeling very depressed, having panic attacks and gaining weight because of mindless eating.

Well, Wednesday night I have suddenly decided to pack up and go to Mom's home to stay with my uncle in Ankara. I do not know what triggered it. All Thursday, I packed my suitcase, my home office gadgets, meds and pantry and carried them out to the car. Took me several trips. Early Friday morning, I packed the contents of my freezer and just left Istanbul at 5 a.m. and I have arrived safely at mom's before noon.

And then, at night it has been announced that travel between 30 major cities is banned and will be regulated by permit only. Wow! Just wow! I cannot imagine having to stay in Istanbul when I wanted to come over here. It was a very close call.

I am glad I did this. Staying with my uncle turned out to be a very good idea and although he is very concerned about his sister, he is calming me down. Apparently, Sis, BIL and uncle were worried about my health. So, they are happy that I did what I did.

My uncle is 15 years mom's junior and 9 years my senior. It just occurred to me today that mom is his only living family member other than us, his 4 nieces. I have two cousins, daughters of my older uncle who passed a few years ago. And, there is my sister and I. Poor guy! Being the youngest in his family, this is expected but, still he is very close to mom and they get along really well.

Stay safe and stay healthy!


14 comments:

  1. So glad to hear from you. Praying for a good outcome. Your mom is a fighter! Be sure to take care of yourself as well.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continued prayers for your Mom. I am glad you made it before travel was restricted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That has to be so hard! I was so hoping your mom was improving, but she must be fighting to get better. I hope she will be well enough to be able to go home soon. I'm glad you made it to Ankara while you still could and that you can wait for updates with your uncle. Take good care! You and your mom are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing you got that inner voice telling you to leave! Continued prayers for your mom. Being with family is what you all need now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that her Covid19 test was negative. I'm hoping she takes a turn for the better very soon. Glad you are with family now.Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you made it there. I'm sure you'll feel much better being closer to her. Continued prayers for her recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad your Mom is still fighting, I was so worried when you didn't post (but completely understand). Great idea to go to your Mom's house, so glad you are close with your family. I am so glad to be going through this pandemic with someone. One of my stepson's lives alone, the rest either live with their Mom (one adult son who is going back to University) or their spouses. We worry about him being alone but for now he still is working as a plumber although each day he expects to be laid off, and at night is playing video games online with his friends which he gave up for 7 years but since he can't workout or watch sports or be with his friends this is the next best thing. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad that you're with your family during this emotionally draining time. WOW, you have some inner voice to make it to Ankara when you did. Still sending positive thoughts and prayers for your family's safety and full reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh I'm glad you got out when you did. And glad to hear your mom is still fighting it. Praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad that your mom tested negative for VC19! Hopefully that will mean a much greater chance for her recovery. It's such a surreal and unsettling time, isn't it? I was telling my flatmate this morning that the hardest part about this is getting out of your own head and catastrophsing everything. Glad you listened to your intuition and took yourself to Ankara when you did! You and your uncle will give each other much needed comfort and support. Sending a big virtual hug. Be safe and stay well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. glad you were able to be with family, hope your mum is doing better, thinking of you both.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Still hoping the best for you and worried about the Corona virus. Your mom's symptoms were so textbook. I know of someone who had three tests (because of symptoms) and the 3rd one was positive. Would not hope this is true but praying your mom is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope all is ok with you and your family. Take care of yourself as well.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete