About Me

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Mom: Official Call from the Hospital

Today right after 9 a.m. teh hospital called. I picked up the phone and someone told me mom's doctor wants to see a relative to provide information. When I asked what time, they said right away.

I almost had a heart attack and called uncle who immediately dressed up, put on his mask and gloves putting his sanitizer in his pocket before going to the hospital.

For about an hour and a half, sis, BIL and I waited for uncle to call but it felt like 100 years. Her doctor told uncle that she is in critical condition but, is hanging tight. She also said the PCR test result still did not come but looking at her condition, they started her coronavirus treatment. She said the Chinese drug arrived just the day before at that particular hospital for the first time and they started giving her this drug which healed people in China. When uncle told her that he was a pharmacist, she told him more about the protocol and the drugs. She also assured him that elderly patients are never being ignored and they are being taken care of very carefully. If an elderly patient recovers, this will be their success so, they are very keen on this.

Uncle said he saw tons of idiot relatives who did not use protective gear, who ignored social distancing and who arrived at the hospital as a whole clan even when they were instructed to send only one person. There was a guy in front of my uncle who lost his grandpa, whose grandma was in ICU and whose father just got sick without any protection. I do not think the virus kills people, it is the ignorant people who cause all the deaths.

Uncle also told that, she was very blunt with relatives and she said that there was no hope for some of the patients and she informed the relatives as such. She told my uncle mom is hanging tight, most patients go down real quickly and she may have a chance.

So, relatively good news. I so want her to recover and come home to us. What a fucked up situation it is to have your loved one in a quarantine.



13 comments:

  1. I am so glad your Mom is a fighter, that is good news. Yes, stupid people spread the virus, unfortunately there are so many stupid people in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad she is holding on. You must just be a wreck with worry. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will continue to pray for her, I'm so hopeful for these drugs working! For what I've researched they've done miracles. (There is another blogger on Fl who's brother is critical and they are trying desperately to get the drug so far not available so what a blessing for your mom)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry T'Pol and will keep your mom and your family in my thoughts and my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has to be a relief to finally hear something. It sounds like they are taking good care of your mom. I'm hoping she will soon be well enough to go home. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like your mom is strong. I hope the drug works on her which may lead to more people being cured of this terrible virus. Sadly there is no cure for stupid and those other people not following guidelines are probably why the virus keeps spreading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending healing thoughts and energy to your Mom. Take care your yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness I'm so sorry to hear this. It is reassuring to think that the nurse is "blunt" enough to tell people the truth about any situation so I'm praying for you and your mom. "Courage" as they say over here. Anna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no! I'm just trying to get a little bit caught up, and I'm so sorry to hear this. It sounds like your mum is in excellent hands, so I hope the drugs work and she is home again very soon. Take care of yourselves amongst all the stupids out there. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Take care, and prayers being said.

    ReplyDelete
  11. thinking of you and your mum T'Pol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying all is ok. Concerned.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Continuing best wishes and prayers for you and your family

    ReplyDelete