About Me

Saturday, March 21, 2020

Mom...

Very early Friday morning, my mom told my uncle she was not feeling well. She had a high fever, she was trembling, had a shortness of breath. The Ambulance took her immediately to a Government Hospital where she was quarantined right away.

I do not think it is Corona Virus but, they do not reason. They just quarantine the patient. My uncle took nightgowns, a cardigan and some underwear which they refused to take.

They are not admitting anyone without a serious condition.

We cannot hear from her. She probably has pneumonia due to her RA and she is being kept in ICU. They said she has been tested and the test result takes a few days. Then, no communication.

I can log into her health portal and can see only see the drugs they give her, the tests. Apparently they are not letting her get up even to go the bathroom. She is all alone in there.

Meanwhile, anybody and everybody in our social circles have been trying to get even the tiniest information. Thanks for all of them from the bottom of my heart. We are hoping to hear from her hopefully tomorrow or on Monday or else, I am going to be causing a lot of trouble such as contacting major newspapers and all related agencies. Do they expect us to put our patients in the hospitals and walk away, carry on as if everything is fine?

We had been hearing about this outbreak for months now and the people in teh Government apparently have not been thinking about it or planning any actions. Ridiculuous!

Also, some people are plain stupid because, they keep going out and socialize. Many think that this is an opportunity to go to beach areas. STUPID IGNORANTS! Those places lack health resources. They have very limited capacity. What idiots!

We know that mom is conscious so, I am sure she knows why we cannot be there. As a matter of fact everybody over 65, everybody with chronic conditions such as liver disease, high blood pressure, coronery and heart problems and a few other things are limited to go out as per a Government Mandate issued an hour ago. So, all of us need to stay put.

Stores, schools, restaurants (except for take out), barbers, hairdressers, mosques are now closed. people are working from home, those who cannot will be working in two week shifts. Half will stay home while the other half will work. Then, they will change.

Not being able to hear from her, talk to her and be with her are just plain killing me. What if...? I do not want to say it aloud but many whatifs are eating my brain and making my heart ache.

If no, when she pulls through, I will never let her out of my sight again. Yes, we need our spaces and what not, but we need each other more than anything. If this will mean major life changes, so be it.

9 comments:

  1. Hoping so much that with care she will recover and you will see her again soon. Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry! Not seeing her and not knowing about her condition is so upsetting, I know. Hopes and prayers for a swift recovery and some immediate information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. T'Pol - Thoughts and prayers coming to you from VA for the best possible outcome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sad that you have to go through this. I'm praying your mom will be home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh - I am so very sorry to hear your mom is sick & hospitalized. I cannot even begin to imagine your stress, especially at nobody being permitted in to see her. Please keep us posted as you can - but I'll be keeping your mom in my prayers & thinking of you. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering how things were with you. I will pray that your mom is ok, and that you get some answers soon! Here in New Brunswick, Canada, the gov't has placed us in a state of emergency. Most offices are closed ( people are working from home), many resturants are closed and they are only permitted take out or delivery. The grocery stores have set up barriers at the cashes, and are starting to limit certain products ( ground beef, toilet paper, hand sanitizer and flour). LG is still working, as he's considered essential, but he is limiting his contact with people and they are setting up the required limited contact rules. My mom, I see daily, as she lives alone and we made the decision that if a lock down is put in place, she will come here for the duration. Praying for you and yours,

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hugs to you. Hope you get answers soon and that your mom is ok

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am praying that things are going better, I can't imagine how scary this is!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear, this is terrible, I am so sorry to hear. Just catching up with my blog reading today. Prayers for your Mom

    ReplyDelete