About Me

Thursday, March 5, 2020

Another untimely loss...

A childhood friend from our neighborhood passed away today due to a sudden heart attack. My parents were very close to his parents and our dads worked together. He was 5 years my senior.

The worst thing? His parents are alive, 81 and 88. I juts cannot imagine what they are going through.

His funeral is tomorrow in Ankara but I am in Istanbul so, I will not be able to go. Uncle will take mom to visit his folks in a few days.

I just do not feel like doing anything. Still in my nightgown.

May he rest in Peace...

12 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for you. It is so hard when someone we have known since childhood passes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne. It feels like part of your childhood dies with such people.

      Delete
  2. That is truly terrible. Men don't seem to live that long although his Dad outlived him. I am sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry. I know what you mean when you lose someone from your childhood. Treasure the memories & pray for his parents. I'm sure they are devastated. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my condolences, its such a shock to lose old friends suddenly and so sad for his parents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan. Spoke to his mother today. Poor woman, she said she knew he would not recover once she saw him at the hospital. She said she did not want him to suffer.

      Delete
  5. So very sorry for your loss, T'Pol! What a terribly difficult time for his parents, and so awful for you. Take care of yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so sad, and all the more so when it is sudden and unexpected. It certainly hits home too when our contemporaries start dying doesn't it. My condolences!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Treaders. Yes, when it so close to home, it has a bigger impact.

      Delete