About Me

Thursday, June 10, 2021

Beaches, Family and a Birthday

I spent a few good days at different beaches while my SIS and BIL were here. One day uncle took us out on his boat. That turned out to be some adventure though. Lol!

We went out on the boat and after a while, we decided to swim. SIS and I jumped off the boat and swam a little bit. While we were doing that the wind got stronger and the waves started to get bigger. Uncle steered the boat to the shore but it was impossible to hold it still enough that SIS and I could get on it. It was a bit of a struggle for a while. Uncle and BIL panicked a little bit but, SIS and I were just cool about that. We told them we could stay on the shore and BIL could get the car and pick us up. There were picnic tables in the shade and we had our phones with us. BIL and uncle went back to the marina while SIS and I first dried ourselves in the sun and then sat on the picnic tables and had some ice tea from our cooler. The place turned out to be a caravan camp but, there weren't many campers around. BIL came to get us and then when we went back to the marina, we decided to have an early dinner at the fish restaurant over there. The food was excellent and so was the restaurant. We ended up satisfying our appetites after an "adventure". Lol!

They went to their favorite resort yesterday for a  few days before heading home. Uncle and I are supposed to attend a wedding on Saturday so, I bought myself a dress on my way to the beach. Today, I am at home while the contractor works here on the new shower stall. It turned out to be a bigger job (as usual) and will take a day or two longer than anticipated. Not a big deal though.

Sunday was both my birthday and my mother's first remembrance day. My family made it a happy day for me because I have mixed feelings about celebrating my birthdays because of mom's passing on teh same day last year. We talked about funny memories. It was a better day than I anticipated.

Here are a couple of pictures from a sandy beach we went to:


BIL took this picture. I don't know how he did it. 


16 comments:

  1. I would look at it like this - your mother is eternally part of your birthday - without her you would have no birthday so your birthday is a truly wonderful thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a point there. I think, I am getting better at coping with her loss as time goes by. I was a mess last year.

      Delete
  2. Time changes our perspective. I did have a rough day on the anniversary of Mom's death, but it passed and remembering her gets easier as more time goes by. I have even gotten to the point where I can remember some things and laugh which is the best way to remember someone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great adventure! I sure do miss the shore as I grew up by the water.
    And having your birthday and your mom's passing on the same day will give you extra joy gong forward and no excuse not to remember her and keep her in your heart. 8-) Time may not heal all wounds but it does make them easier....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sluggy. Time does help a little.

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday Tpol. Wish you a long, healthy, and happy life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a day of celebration for your mother the day you were born :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh beautiful Turkey. Lucky you! And a belated happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are able to see your family and spend time with them. I saw an image about grief the other day, it does not get smaller, but we grow around it. sillygirl put it really well, your mama is always a part of your birthday <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you JJ. I think it's true that we grow around it.

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday, T'Pol! I'm glad you were able to celebrate with your family - especially since it was the first anniv. of your dear mom's passing. I have no doubt your mom would have wanted you to celebrate your life, & the life she lived! Every year is a blessing for which we should be thankful.

    I read about the yucky stuff coming into the harbor waters in Istanbul! It was really gross! Blah! Looks beautiful where you were - glad uncle didn't take you where that gross stuff was! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susie Q. I am the one who lives in Istanbul. Uncle lives on the coast of Mediterranean. The sea snot in Marmara Sea is terrible. I am hoping they will deal with it soon.

      Delete