About Me

Friday, June 4, 2021

Got my 1st Dose of the Vaccine!

My SIS and BIL showed up yesterday night surprising me (uncle knew they were coming yesterday). 

Today I got up early and went to my favorite beach. They slept in but, when they woke up, they came to join me. Originally, I was going to come home, shower and change before I went to the hospital but, SIS said, I should go directly from the beach. She also said, she would drive me so that, I would not have to worry about parking the car away and walking back. Very nice, right? Especially given that, she does not like to show affection. I know she loves me :) 

So, I showered at the beach, changed into a dry swimsuit, pulled over my beach dress and off we went. I was at the hospital 15 minutes earlier than my appointment but, they took me in right away and I got my first dose. Yay!

They made me sit in the designated area for a half hour. I then got in the car and SIS took me to a very lively area near a beach. We got coffee from a coffee shop and sat in the shade for a while. Then my BIL came to join us. We sat together for a little more time and went home for dinner. Uncle does the cooking and SIS likes to do the cleaning up (she is a neat freak). Fine by me!

It doesn't feel funny. It feels like just any other shot. Some people say I may feel worse tomorrow but, I guess everybody is different. We'll see.

My second shot will be on July 17th or within a few days around that. 

So, if any of you had an mRNA type of vaccine, have you experienced any side effects? I got the Pfizer-Biontech.


19 comments:

  1. Five of us in my family have gotten either Pfizer or Moderna and we all had a sore arm (as in it was uncomfortable to lie on for one night for most of us---a bit sore to reach above the head for a day for one person). A couple of people were a bit tired for a day but nothing that couldn't be ignored.
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erica, yes I felt a little soreness and I did not lie on it last night but, I feel fine today. I am glad you and yor family had your vaccines. I think, this is the responsible thing to do to stop this pandemic.

      Delete
  2. Glad you got your first shot!! I got both of mine in March, at the very beginning and at the end . It was also PfizerBiontech. I think my arm was a little sore the first time; the second time I had chills for 24 hours or less, as if I were getting the flu. And I was tired. That was all. Really no big deal. Hope your experience is also so mild.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes SMS. I just felt a bit sore, that's all. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. I had the Moderma vaccine and had very few symptoms.
    Hope you feel great tomorrow. Right now you are one of my heroes as are all the people who said yes to the vaccine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, I felt just a little bit sore but, I am feeling perfectly fine today. In fact, I will be heading to the beach.

      Delete
    2. I hope you actually got a moderNA vaccine...as moderma would be some off brand something or other :)

      Delete
  4. Pfizer Gang!!!!!!! I honestly felt nothing, other than feeling tired. I have heard some side effects, I know someone who had a lot of numbness, my brother had a fever and other issues for a month after (but he is immunocompromised)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a bit sore where the shot was given. That's all. Thank you JiCaLu!

      Delete
  5. We both had Pfizer - my husband had a sore spot like when we get flu shots - I had none. The second shot I was worried but only had a slight sore spot. Other people reported no big after effects either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you both got yours. Thanks for the info. The soreness in my arm has significantly improved.

      Delete
  6. Glad that's one down and just one to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the first shot! We all had Pfizer, and minimal side effects. Both of my kids played soccer the day after their shot, and were totally fine. I took it a bit easier (oh, to have that energy), but also felt pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad you experienced no side effects. I do not mind the soreness and a bit of fatigue as long s it protects us from getting too sick.

      Delete
  8. We got ours a few weeks ago, ( Phizer), and both had headaches, and sore arms for a day. My hot flashes ramped up afterwards, going from had one when i ate too much sugar, alcohol( even 1 drink) or dairy. I'm now having them daily, and they're worse at bed time. It cold just be the timing too... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that. Someone told me to exercise my arm after the shot and I did that. It was sore only for a day. Had one drink on Sunday and had no ill effect at all.

      Delete
  9. Hooray! Glad you've had one and are feeling no ill side effects. After my first jab I felt very tired and had a sore arm for a few days, but otherwise I was fine (I'm getting the AZ). I've got my second jab today and don't anticipate anything in particular happening, but the second dose seems to be a little worse than the first in some instances. Anyway, glad you are on your way! Enjoy your time at the beach - it's well deserved xx

    ReplyDelete