About Me

Wednesday, June 30, 2021

In Ankara

I am back in Ankara since last Thursday. I have been busy doing the laundry, trying to make up my mind about what to leave here and what to take home, meeting friends, running errands.

Tomorrow, I am going to have my car deep cleaned. It has been over a year since the interior was cleaned. So, I took everything out and emptied the trunk. I am also planning to go to the cemetery. 

On Friday, I am meeting friends for a late lunch. Before that, I will help someone to run her errands.

I do not know whether I should go back home on Saturday, Sunday or Monday. Part of me wants to be home a.s.a.p, part of me says traffic is usually horrid on the weekends. 

Plus, the Health Minister said now we can have our 2nd shots 4 weeks after the first one, instead of 6. May be I should get my second jab while I am here. If there is a bad side effect, I have friends within short distances. 

They have also decided that people over 50 should be getting a 3rd dose of any of the available vaccines but, I do not know how long we need between 2nd and 3rd jabs. So far, we have the Pfizer-BionTech and the Sinovac available. I know there are clinical trials on the volunteers for the Sputnik vaccine. It will be available soon too. I guess I should not be worried about the 3rd those just yet.

Today, I took my SIS and BIL's car to get the tyres changed. They still had winter tyres on. Rolling my eyes... After driving an automatic SUV for so long, a stick shift sedan felt weird at first. I wish I had known earlier because I took my friend to the tyre place just yesterday. She was using 4 year old winter tyres. Rolling my eyes again! It is risky to use winter tyres during the hot months. She hasn't had her oil changed in 2 years as she told me. Poor car!

The first half of 2021 is over. Can't believe how fast the days go by.


4 comments:

  1. It might be a good idea to get your second shot while you are close to others if you have any issues with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My SIS and BIL came to Ankara and SIS took me to get my second vaccine. No side effects thankfully.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Anne, better to be around friends/family when you get your second shot just in case. As for your friend and her car - wow! My ex spent an absolute fortune on a new car and then never took care of it. Eventually the engine blew because he was too lazy to even check the oil. So instead of paying the small sum to get the oil changed he ended up getting a complete new engine for €5,000! The "economics" of that are beyond me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I knew your ex was not a wise man since he lost you as a life partner.

      Delete