About Me

Sunday, July 4, 2021

Had my Second Jab!

Yay me! I am so glad, this is over. SIS and BIL came to check on his mother so, my SIS drove me to the hospital and made sure I had no side effects. I have a slight fever today and I am thinking it is probably due to the vaccine or because I might have caught a cold. Feeling OK except for the fever and I think, I should be fine by tomorrow. That bit is the good news.

The sad part is that, his mother is hanging on to life with a thread. She can no longer eat. They are trying to feed her but, seemingly other organs are lining up to fail one by one. BIL is having such a tough time. On one hand, there is his mother slipping away, on the other she has been a vegetable for the last 8 years or so. He showed me her picture from yesterday and we both cried because she has no muscle, no fat left in her body. 

My sister and I went out to shop for diapers and other things. She bought several packs with a total of 120 diapers. All I could think was, will her MIL be able to go through them all? 

Today they left for Izmir and I am heading out for Istanbul tomorrow. 

Well, life is happening no matter what we think or hope or expect.


8 comments:

  1. I think when someone has been seriously ill for so long, or in a vegetative state, you tend to think that they will nevertheless live forever - and that's not the way it works is it. I'm so sorry for that lady and her family. And well done you for getting your second jab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is heartbreaking for my BIL. When she passes, he will be sorry but relieved in a way, knowing that she will no longer suffer.

      Delete
  2. that must be a relief to get that second vaccination! its so sad for your BIL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jan, I am glad to complete my vaccines.

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear about your BIL's mom. 8 years in a vegetative state is a very long time. My brother was in a VS with no brain activity for 10 months before he passed. My other brother had POA/Medical directive for him and refused to let him go(he never would have wanted to end up in that state). I know how heart breaking it is for him and I wish in strength to get through this time.

    OTOHl,Glad you got your jab!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sluggy. It is very hard on my BIL. She is someone I also love and consider a true aunt. So, it is hard on all of us.

      Delete
  4. That is sad about his mother. I think it's hard to accept, even when we are expecting it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. He will be devastated when she passes but, he will recover in time. This is harder for him.

      Delete