About Me

Monday, July 5, 2021

Home Sweet Home!

I had left home on April 5th, running away from a very risky area due to COVID-19. Today, on July 5th, I am back home, in a medium risk area. I have received both my shots away from home. The first one in Antalya, the second in Ankara. Both times, my sister was with me and she drove me. 

I had a relaxing time at the beach and I feel full charged. I was able to spend time with family and friends and that did a ton of good to me. 

The drive took me 4 hours and 20 minutes. I stopped once to get a cup of coffee briefly. I think I drove faster than I normally do. If it weren't for an accident, I would have made it slightly under 4 hours.

Boy, did I miss my home! I opened all the windows as soon as I walked in because it was smelling weird after being closed for 3 months. I then texted my cleaning lady for her to let me know when she can be here. 

The first thing to do tomorrow is to order water. I am completely out except for one big bottle I left in the fridge. I do not have much laundry to do because, I did my laundry back in Ankara. I need to go shopping tomorrow but, I will first wipe down the inside of my fridge while it is empty. 

I fixed myself a quick pasta dinner with what I found in the pantry and freezer. Right now, I am watching Star Trek: The First Contact for the umpteenth time. When I finish that, I am hopping on my treadmill before shower. Oh I need to change my bed too. Believe it or not there is a comforter on it. Lol! I use cotton thermal blankets during the summer. Need to dig one out.

Good to be back home!






3 comments: