About Me

Monday, July 12, 2021

Nice Sunday! + Istanbul Photos

Today, the cleaning lady came so, my apartment is clean and tidy. The challenge is to keep it that way.

I went to have brunch with some High School buddies. One of the ladies lives in Denmark with her Danish husband. She brought her brother who is a General Surgeon and her husband. I met the husband for the first time. He is a nice, somewhat shy man. The other lady moved to the US a few years ago and lives in Maryland. She is an architect and her husband is a Civil Engineer. There were two guys as well. One is in music industry and the other is also my University class mate. It was a hot day but, the breeze helped us stay comfy.

It was nice to catch up with each other. Normally, more people get together during these gatherings but, due to the summer, most were away or otherwise engaged. I am glad we did this. I am hoping to see more friends during the week.

After I came home, I decided to watch Wimbledon Men's Final but, dozed off. I do not care for either of the players but, that part I was able watch was good. 

Then my best friend in the US called and we watched another episode of The Gift which is a Turkish show on Netflix. Honestly, I do not like fantasy dramas but, we watch it for the sake of nice views of Istanbul and Gobekli Tepe. My friend enjoys to see all those places and keeps asking me whether they are closer to where I live or could we go see them if she comes over. 

I had taken some Istanbul photos a few years ago. Found them while arranging my pictures. So, here are some of them:

The castle was built between 1451-1452 before the Siege of Constantinople (now Istanbul) by Mehmet the Conqueror. There is a sister castle across the Bosphorus. They were built to control and block the entrance and exit of Byzantian Ships. 

Ortakoy Mosque


Rumelian Castle


Bosphorus Bridge






13 comments:

  1. Love the photos, and so glad you are getting a chance to connect with others. It makes such a difference to be able to be a bit more social these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true HP. We all realized and talked about how much we missed each other.

      Delete
  2. Bet you are glad to be home & settled back in. Always great to get back together with friends! LOVE seeing your pictures - have never been to Europe! Hope to someday get there, but who knows! So thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope you someday make it to my neck of the woods and I will be more than pleased to show you a few places.

      Delete
  3. Neat pictures. Glad you had an outing and a good time with friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I did enjoy my time with them a lot.

      Delete
  4. Oh I LOVE Istanbul. Seeing the sun going down over the Mosque at the same time as the call to prayer is one of my most memorable moments ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you can come back again and may be we can meet up?

      Delete
    2. Would love to - although I don't see it being any time soon do you?

      Delete
  5. One of the most beautiful city. A French song from Marc Aryan I used to listen to in my teenage years called Istanbul Isantanbul.” Istanbul Istanbul, je pense souvent at tes mosques et a tes longs minarets qui s’elancent very le ciel.
    Istanbul Istanbul, j’ai soif de ses baisers.
    There an old beautiful video on Utube of the song. Take care Tpol and enjoy your outings with your friend and family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Farah! I looked it up on YouTube with Turkish captions. Beautiful song.

      Delete
  6. Love the photos! Such a beautiful city!

    ReplyDelete