About Me

Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Chores and chores!

Now that I am back home, I realize how much I neglected my home during the last two years. Didn't realize how much Mom's passing and the pandemic paralyzed me. 

When I look at my home, I feel it is time for a deep clean and a huge purging project. I have gotten rid of  tons of business clothes but, my closet needs to be totally emptied out, wiped down and put back. As I am doing that, I am sure, I will find other stuff to be given away. 

I am sure, I can purge some linens and towels too. Then, there is the kitchen. All cupboards and drawers need to be emptied out and wiped. My family room needs attention as well.

This Sunday, the cleaning lady will come for the first time since I do not know when exactly. Before she comes, I would like to finish my closet project. That seems to be the number one priority.

I am usually very lazy to do these things. Mom used to motivate and help me and that's how those things used to get done. Sigh...

Today I went to another store for some additional stuff and I am planning to stay home tomorrow and take care of the closet. I will make sure to take pictures to share. That will be my motivation.



7 comments:

  1. It's hard to get started, but then it always feels good to get a project like that done. Just remember to reward yourself with a little something too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm... That's a very good idea. Let me think!

      Delete
  2. I am having a hard time with motivation here. Fingers crossed the flip at Mom's will be over and done this week and I can change my focus from her house to mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you have been working on your mom's home for so long and so hard that, you might need a short break before focusing on your own home. Good luck with the sale!

      Delete
  3. Oh God, the purging project. I think trying to purge this home of mine is what's getting me down actually. Still, we can but try, can't we!

    ReplyDelete