About Me

Friday, July 30, 2021

A Pleasant Experience for Once!

Last week I ordered two tablet pcs and they arrived within 2 days to my delight. However, one of them was dead on arrival. Bummer! I contacted the online platform and was told to send it to the brand owner. Knowing that their head office is located near IKEA which is 10 minutes from my home, I decided to take it myself. 

Today, I armed myself with the necessary paperwork and was ready for combat because, I thought they would try to fix it instead of exchanging it. They told me to wait for 10 minutes to check it out and they replaced it with a brand new one. I was expecting all sorts of trouble but, no, not this time. I am sooo happy.

It has been very hot during the day lately and it looks like next week will be even hotter. So, I am mostly staying home. Today, I brought the standing fan into my living room and it helps quite a bit. I know the temperatures will get better after August 15th. They always do. There are hot days after that too but, once we hit mid-August, the weather starts to turn. Looking forward to the Fall and Winter.

I did a quick grocery store run today before I came home. I have everything I need for the weekend and then some. I am going to need salad greens. What they had at the store looked sad so, I did not buy any. May be I will quickly go in and out of the farmers' market they have nearby on Saturdays but, I doubt it. We'll see.

I have been reading this book by Jean-Christophe Grange named Lontano forever. I am determined to finish it tomorrow and get started on new books. It is too dark and twisted and I had been procrastinating. If you are familiar with this writer, you know what I mean.

It is very hard to get enough exercise in this heat but, I am pushing myself. Tomorrow will be a better day I hope.

Have a great weekend everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Glad you got your pc issue resolved with not troubles. It is crazy hot and humid here now, but it will not really cool off until late September.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have been born in Canada or in any of the Scandinavian countries. I just can't handle heat.

      Delete
  2. That was certainly very good customer service you received wasn't it! And that's the way it should be really. And I can't believe your weather. We are just now hitting 17°C!!!!! And it's August. Makes me wonder if we're going to get a really weird winter because we sure as heck haven't had a summer here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 17 degrees? Wow! It is crazy weather everywhere one way or another. Humans keep on mistreating the world and one day, Mother Nature will just get rid of us to save the planet.

      Delete
  3. it's nice when you can exchange something without a hassle. I'm still working on those wagon wheels from last month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! I hope the issue will be resolved soon.

      Delete