About Me

Sunday, July 18, 2021

Hot! Hot! Hot!

It's been hot and humid yesterday and so it is, today as well. I do not feel like even moving my fiinger. My apartment is usually cool and comfy but, these two days have been the exception. No wonder they call it the dog days of summer.

This song keeps playing at the back of my mind ever since I got up today, so here, now it is your turn! Lol!


Yesterday there were kids playing outside and they were so darn loud but, hey kids are kids right? However one of them was constantly screaming at everything. I initially thought he might have been a special needs child but, I observed them for a while and no, he seemed like just a loud kid. I hope he is not tone deaf. With that pair of lungs, he can be quite the vocalist to some band. This went on till noon and in the afternoon it started yet again. My parents never allowed us to go out before 4 p.m. in the afternoon in such hot weather. What are these parents thinking I do not know.

Well I leaned by a window for a while to see what the kids were up to and saw that there were two mothers out there. One of them looked up and apologized for the kids being so loud and I seized the opportunity to say: Well, they are kids so, I guess that is normal but, can they be loud at the other side of the apartment complex for a while, just for a change?" They kindly obliged. I mean there are other neighbors too! 

Thankfully, today is probably hotter than yesterday and noone is out early in the afternoon. It is peaceful. 

My BFF is on vacation with her family so, we are not able to watch anything these days. I started watching S.W.A.T and loved it. It is absolutely my kind of show. Besides, I love Shemar Moore. Mom and I used to watch Criminal Minds mostly because of him. Lol! The rest of the cast is pretty awesome too. 

Hope, everyone is having a nice Sunday.


4 comments:

  1. We're only just hitting 26°C here today, which is WAY lower than it should be. Still, I'm not complaining. I hate the heat, especially as you are describing it. It's one thing to be on a beach with a cool breeze and a cocktail with a little umbrella in it isn't it. But it's quite another to be stuck in town indoors (with screaming kids outside). I'm glad you got to share the screamers with the other neighbours though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took down the curtains in my sitting room and washed them and put them right back up while they were still wet. It helped a lot with the breeze today but, I do not think I will be washing them everyday. Lol! The kids kept away today so, it was rather peaceful.

      Delete
  2. I mentally hear that song on our steamy hot days!
    I like to hear kids playing but occasionally it can get a little loud (not to mention shrill)
    Hope it get a little cooler there.

    ReplyDelete