About Me

Monday, June 17, 2019

Heat

Remember when I was complaining that it was still cold and spring did not show up properly a few weeks ago? Spring was merely a couple of weeks rather than a season and then the summer heat hit us. It is in the lower 90s with quiet a bit of humidity. Every few days there are brief thunderstorms so, humidity never ends.

Mom cannot stand the heat and humidity and she did not want to go out today saying that she was too tired. Heat makes her grumpy, and sluggish. Wondering how she will tolerate Izmir which is worse than here.

I must have hurt my big toe probably when exercising and it is giving me some trouble. I decided to apply ice and not exercise today. Hope, it is not a stress fracture or something more serious. If it doesn't heal in a short time, I will have it X-Rayed.

Hope everybody has a nice week!

7 comments:

  1. I hope your toe is ok. Perhaps an ointment might help, I have one for tendonitis that my Mom used when she stubbed her toe and it worked like a charm. My Mom won't leave the house when it is too hot either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheapchick. I will try an ointment. I think I have similar stuff somewhere.

      Delete
  2. Hope your toe is feeling better. Humidity is the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could it be gout in your toe? Muggy weather kills me as I get older, but I still love it hot. I just go from house ac to car ac to store ac.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspected that too but, the ointment helped quiet a bit. We shall see.

      Delete
  4. I love the heat but it hits me like a truck. I just like to run from ac house to ac car and ac store. Could it be gout? Maybe if you adjust your diet, it will be better if it is gout.

    ReplyDelete