About Me

Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Ups and downs in Life

Today I woke up to sad news. I have two old co-workers who are married to each other. We have been very good friends for years. The husband lost his brother to cancer late yesterday. He is also fighting cancer. I know the whole family and I am very sad. The guy who passed must be my age or may be a year or two older.

Meanwhile, I am going to see two of my babyhood friends over dinner tonight. Our dads were colleagues and we lived in the same area for years. When we get together, we always have a good time.

My mom must be feeling a lot better since she is doing some stuff around the apartment. Just a week ago, I was very concerned about her health.

My BIL's mother has been hospitalized twice due to a broken bone and she has been an invalid for a long time after two major strokes. The doctors told my BIL to be prepared for anything now because, they think her health is deterioriating rapidly.

My friend who owns the consultancy business I work from time to time has also been diagnosed with a form of arthritis at 55. She has been administered cortizoen as well. She is normally very active but now, she says she gets tired very easily.

Life has many twists and turns. We do not feel this during our daily routine but, once that routine is broken somehow, we just realize that, we are in fact very fragile.




3 comments:

  1. We just never know what is around the corner. My dad got MS late in life (which is rare, I think) and changed a lot of my parents retirement plans, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is why we have to try to live our best life everyday and make our world into something that is special. You really don't have any guarantees about tomorrow -- it doesn't mean you shouldn't plan, but you also shouldn't take it for granted. I am also thinking of your country and hope you did not experience any harm from the earthquake. I hope everyone around you is safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My loved ones are safe but this country sits on serious fault lines so, we never know who is next.

      Delete