About Me

Thursday, January 14, 2021

Nice long walk with HS buddies

Today I met with two of my friends from my High School to walk. Since my school was huge,  we never were in the same classroom and we weren't friends but, during re-unions we became friends and we now have a small group of people who are really tight.

It was 45 degrees Fahrenheit but, we still sat outside and had tea out of a thermos during our break. I brought sweet tangerines. Hot tea and vitamin C!

We walked 4 miles and half of it was quiet hilly. If that park weren't so far, I would walk those trails every day. It is such a great workout. I need to cross the bridge to go there so, I only go when we can get together.

While we were there, we saw the first snow of the year but it did not last more than 5 minutes. Hopefully, there will be some more snow tomorrow.

Yesterday, I decided to walk in my neighborhood and about half a mile from my apartment, I found a small park where there is a tartan track around it. It is rather short but, the soft shock absorbing ground was divine. If I get out my apartment, go there and walk like 10 times around it and walk back, I might hit 10,000 steps. I see myself walking there a lot in the coming days. I love walking by the sea too but it takes a while to get there as well. So, now I have four alternatives plus the treadmill at home. Not bad.

After our walk, one of my friends told me there was a farmer's truck at the end of the parking area. She said everything he sold came from his own gardens so they were really fresh. I went to the truck and got some salad greens and broccoli. They were not only fresh but very inexpensive as well.

All in all, it was a nice day. I have a meeting at 1 p.m. tomorrow. Right after that, I plan to go the nearby park again. It will be colder but I will bundle up.


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes it was. Getting tpgether with friends is a real treat these days.

      Delete
  2. Your day sounds so lovely> We've been lucky with beautiful weather lately - 70 degrees or so & I've been trying to get out as much as possible while I can

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This pandemic made us prisoners at home. I think fresh air is the best to get over the blues. 70 degrees is really nice for this time of the year.

      Delete
  3. That does sound like a lovely day. Glad you have found some new places to walk close by too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a good walk you got in. You don't notice how far you've walked when you have someone to talk to do you!

    ReplyDelete