About Me

Saturday, January 9, 2021

Curfew

Due to increasing Covid cases and due to people's ignorance, the Government started a curfew about a month ago.

On weekdays, people can be out and about between 5 a.m. and 9 p.m.. 65+ can only be out between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. and kids under 18 can be out only between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. The weekend curfew starts at 9 p.m every Friday and lasts till 5 a.m. Monday morning. Grocery stores, food delivery and pharmacies are open. You can go get emergency needs but, you cannot drive. You have to go to the nearest place and be done with your business quickly. Funerals and Weddings are still happening but there are limits to the number of people attending. 

The 65+ citizens are totally pissed but we have heard stories about a 79 year old lady who had been to 8 different weddings in 10 days in a rural area and spread Covid to several people who infected even more so, the entire town had to be quarantined. Entry and Exits were banned. Another old lady who had Covid was found trying to escape from the balcony because she was bored. There had been people with the infection who insisted they had to keep on doing their businesses. I understand people are hurting economically but, 

The Government came up with the idea of a smart phone app where you download an app. When you have business at any government agency you have to give them your code so that they can look up whether you had been identified as a Covid case or not. This is by no means mandatory. I have downloaded it and had to use it while selling the apartments in summer. 

The app also gives you a map of wherever you are and the severity of the situation in that general area. So, you can make informed decisions. If everybody used it voluntarily, I am sure we would be a lot more informed but, everybody has a different point of view about freedom. At this point, if I get infected and die, my freedom will not matter so much. So, I choose to use it.

It also shows if you have broken social distancing in the last day, week or fortnight. It shows if you have crossed paths with infected individuals or not. I think it is a great tool and wish a majority of the population would use it till the pandemic goes away.

It had gotten really bad around where I live about two months ago but, nowadays it is so much better despite the fact that we are still in the red.

So, I am home today and tomorrow. It is dark and rainy today. In a few minutes I will go walk on my treadmill while watching a stupid reality show. Anything that helps me keep on the treadmill is fine. Lol!

6 comments:

  1. Wow I'm not 65 yet but I would not like only being allowed out for 3 hours a day!!! We have a curfew here in France where most of France is under curfew from 20h to 6h but 15 areas are under curfew from 18h to 6h. I thought our region might get roped in last night but we skipped through and remain the same. God this damn pandemic is getting old isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the people do not start to behave responsibly, the pandemic will not go anywhere. As for the restrictions on 65+, I understand their frustration.

      Delete
  2. See here in the US people would riot because you know we have rights. How stupid are they. This virus may never go away due to people not following rules and our belief this doesn't apply to us. Good for your country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, a lot of people do not understand how bad it really is till they get sick or lose a loved one.

      Delete
  3. Happy New year Tpol. I wish you peace and good health. That 79 year old survived?People don’t understand that you can be asymptotic and still be infectious. Basically no restrictions here in the States and you see where that got us. Today we have over 300000 cases. Since my university closed( remote instruction), and because of underlying conditions, I hardly saw anyone. Only twice outside in the summer. No restaurants or cafes. I can’t wait to be vaccinated. Keep up with your walking, I lost a lot of weight walking. I walk around the neighborhood while talking to my friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people just do not understand. If they had taken precautions properly, there wouldn't be a curfew.

      Delete