About Me

Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Concerts

During my time in the US, I have been able to go to two concerts with my friend M, and two other friends.

The first concert had a warm-up band of a group channeling Elton John. The guy who was the pretend EJ was actually pretty good so, we enjoyed the songs. I am not going to name the other band but, they were singing Queen songs. They were so out of tone that it gave me hope for a career in the music world. It looks like even I can sing in a band touring the country. Despite being tone deaf that is.... It was absolute torture. M is a great Queen fan and she knows all the songs. At one point, we found ourselves looking at each other with eyes out of sockets trying to figure out what song they were playing. When we hear the lyrics, we were like: Really!!??

We left early because I told my friends we should not wait to hear how they butcher Bohemian Rhapsody which they hadn't sang yet. 

In any case, we had a good time laughing.

The other concert was at Bethelwoods. I always thought the Woodstock concerts of 1968 took place in Woodstock, VT. I know, silly me but, I was only 1 year old back in '68. 

It was the real CHICAGO! I like their music very much and the band was great. 

Before CHICAGO, Brian Wilson took the stage. It was a bit sad to see him using a walker but on the other hand, it was nice to hear some Beach Boys songs.

Here are some pictures. All my video files are larger than what Blogger allows. I am so sorry, because they were so cool.







4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to have such a good time with your friend. A bad concert (or play or whatever) is excruciating though isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicago would be great to hear in concert. Sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete