About Me

Monday, September 26, 2022

When you think long and hard enough...

Lately, I have been thinking about getting rid of old comforters and buying new ones. I am also pretty tired of the sheet sets that I have. 

I kept checking a few online stores to see what they had. Sizes are pretty standard with the exception of IKEA comforters. I have two thin ones which are perfect to use these days but, the standard duvet covers are too big for them. I was thinking of getting IKEA covers but, it just dawned on me that, mom probably had those. She also had a bunch of bed linens still in their packages. So, I have decided to swap some of my bed linens with the ones in the Ankara home. I shall ask my sister if that is OK with her but, I am sure it is. Mom had plenty of comforters too. So, next time I am in Ankara, I will check those out as well before I buy anything new. 

I usually make quick decisions but, this time it took me a long time and I arrived at a frugal solution.

My house guest gifted me a TV blanket but told me to exchange it with whatever I would like. She gave me the gift card. I have TV blankets coming out of my ears so, I will exchange it for something else that I need. 

I have also been contemplating about signing up for YouTube Premium for a while. I finally decided that it is worthwhile to do so, because the frequency and length of commercials were getting ridiculuous. I like to listen to audio books, old radio shows in bed so, it made a lot of sense to sign up for it. I signed up for the whole year saving me two months.

I have decided to make a chicken and veggie casserole and an Asian imitation soup tomorrow. I will also go out for a long walk in the neighborhood (I hope). 

On Wednesday I will work half a day for the medical association I consult for.

I am being lazy when I am on my own so, I should make a list of chores and exercise. The weather is awesome and I should walk as much as I can while it lasts.

7 comments:

  1. My dh really enjoys Youtube Premium. I didn't know you could pay for a year and save 2 months. I'm off to do that....;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! You came back and hit the ground running. I have an adblocker on my laptop so I never see the Youtube ads but I can see why a subscription is needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watch it on my TV and cell phone but I would love an ad block app for other things. Which one are you using?

      Delete
  3. I think we all know what we "should" be doing - says me, as I'm STILL sitting here on the sofa reading! One of the joys of being retired, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! Enjoy your book. Recently I fell in love with Camilla Lackberg books.

      Delete
  4. Ah, days of being committed to doing very little that is productive - just what I did yesterday. Great idea to check out the sheets and comforters at the other house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even a little productivity goes a long way, doesn't it?

      Delete