About Me

Friday, November 18, 2022

First Day Out

I have been home for 9 consecutive days due to COVID and today I finally went out. I was supposed to do a bunch of things but I changed my plans. I will take a COVID test on Monday and if it is negative, I will go to Ankara. I need to get my tires changed and stored for the winter. The weather is warm enough nowadays but, I am sure there will be snow on the mountain pass on my way. Better do it now than later.

I also need to bring the gifts I brought for my cousins from the US. There is a huge bunch of yarn I found at mom's apartment. I can't knit well. I was hoping to learn and get better at it but, I lack the patience. I wll bring them to my cousin who crochets (or crochetes?) real well. If she doesn't like the yarn, I am sure she can find someone to give them to. 

My sister asked me to take her car that they keep in Ankara for Inspection and also to get the cleanng lady so that the apartments can be cleaned thoroughly. There is an inspection station on the way to the cemetery so, I will do that and visit mom and dad on the same day. I miss my parents so much these days. I have been having dreams with mom lately. Good dreams in which we are either traveling or laughing at something together. 

So, today I went out, got some cash from an ATM and hit the farmer's market just to buy a few things I need till next Tuesday. I also hit the grocery store for a few things and came back home. My legs wanted to walk but, I felt tired rather quickly. I guess, I need to start exercising lightly and start building up my strength.

It felt good to be out in the fresh air. I think I will go out for a short, slow walk tomorrow in the neighborhood.

Wishing everyone a nice and relaxing weekend.

I just put the groceries which need to be refrigerated in the fridge. I will attend to the rest after I type this, finish my coffee and relax a little bit. Then, I will fold and put away some laundry.

It is 65℉ today so, I was comfortable with a cotton sweater and a vest. 



6 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better now and you're right, just being out in the fresh air will certainly help, although be careful not to overdo it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy you are feeling better. Don’t exert yourself too much as covid makes you very tired. Sending happy thoughts your way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Farah. I am sleeping a lot so, I guess that must be it.

      Delete