About Me

Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Mandatory Isolation Over

According to the COVID-19 guidelines of the Ministry of Health in Turkey, you need to self-isolate for 7 days after you test positive. As of yesterday, my self-isolation period is over. I still have some nasal congestion but, I feel a lot better now. I am going to get tested on Monday.

I do have some cabin fever but, I decided to go out for the first time after testing positive, on Friday. Need to get cash first and then head to the open farmers market to buy fresh vegetables and salad greens. They last so much longer than the grocery bought ones. I am also thinking of hitting the fish market after that. It shows heavy rain showers on Friday but, once the hourly forecast becomes available, I am sure I can manage to buy my fresh vegetables and fruits. This reminds me that I need to check out my fridge and use up whatever is on hand. The fridge needs a good and thorough cleaning but, I am not sure if I am up for it yet. A quick clean up will have to suffice.

I changed my sheets and did 4 loads of laundry and hung them so, my energy is up significantly. I think, I will do some much needed cleaning on Monday. Nothing fancy. Just dust, vacuum and mop. No windows or balcony. I keep my bathroom clean whether I'm sick or well.

Cooking from scratch and eating at home has a side effect of having to run the dishwasher on a daily basis. I also handwash my good knives, salad spinner, French Press and some kitchen gadgets and yet, it is so hard to keep up with the dishes piling up in the sink which I hate. And don't get me started on having to wipe the countertops and the stove sveral times a day. If I don't do this, it gets out of hand so quickly.

I had a portion of chicken francese in the freezer and I had that for lunch over some linguine. Tonight's dinner will be some meat patties served with steamed broccoli salad. I steam the broccoli just a little and dump them in cold water. I then make a salad dressing with lemon juice, olive oil, salt and garlic. I pour this over the broccoli. Yummy and healthy.

Hope everyone is well and healthy. That's all that matters. 

3 comments:

  1. oh gosh! somehow I missed your last post that you had Covid! I'm glad you are feeling better and the isolation time is over. I'm sure it will feel great to get out again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're feeling better now, but please be careful not to overdo it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. I do get tired easily so, I can't actually overdo it.

      Delete