About Me

Monday, December 19, 2022

Back Home

Uncle and I arrived back home yesterday around 5 p.m. Glad to be back. I did a super quick grocery run in the morning and I am set at least till the end of the week. 

Had a great time in Ankara. Saw everybody I intended to see. We exchanged small gifts and the best was a bottle of homemade sour cherry liquor. Last year, S, an old colleague and a long time friend of mine served me that in a shot glass along with a cup of Turkish Coffee and I absolutely loved it. She gave me the recipe but, it was a bit tricky so, I did not make it. This year she gifted me a bottle. Yay!

I have some work to do so, I wish everyone a very nice week and Happy Holidays!


7 comments:

  1. Happy Holidays to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Farah! Happy Holidays to you and yours too.

      Delete
  2. Welcome back home :) It's nice when someone remembers something we like(d) and gifts it to us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree what a lovely surprise and thoughtful gift. Especially remembering how much you enjoyed it last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised too but, she is always a nice and thoughtful person.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you had a good time in Ankara and you're right, that cherry liqueur and coffee sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete