About Me

Sunday, December 4, 2022

Cleaning Done

I am going to Ankara tomorrow for a couple of weeks and I will bring uncle back with me so, I needed to clean up my apartment. It took me three days to clean the entire apartment in between interviews and other errands. My windows are filthy and they need to be washed so badly. I couldn't get to that this time but, when I come back, I will clean the windows in every room. Not all at once but at least one room a day.

Every time I clean the apartment, I promise myself to run the chargeable vacuum every day and stay on top of dusting but, that never happens. I wish I could do it.

Whenever I have to go to Ankara, I end up bringing the contents of my fridge with me. This time, I got smarter and used up pretty much all that I had. Dinner was kind of odd things thrown together but tasty and satisfying. Tomorrow, I will have breakfast at home before I hit the road. Got some leftover potatoes and I can scramble eggs. I will fill my Stanley coffee thermos and work on it on my way. Was thinking of stopping by the Starbucks on the way to  Ankara but, then I realized I needed to consume the potatoes unless I want to drag them with me. Also, Starbucks have become ridiculuosly expensive over here. Absolutely crazy. I do have some money on my Starbucks app (not enough to buy coffee) and I need to spend it before I get rid of the app. Totally unnecessary. Their regular coffee is roasted too dark that I sometimes think it is burnt. 

Now I need to arrange my meds, put together my computer bag and decide what to take with me to Ankara. It is colder and dryer than Istanbul. I do not want to take too much stuff with me. 

I have already put the keys to the Ankara apartment in my purse. It would be a disaster to drive for 4 hours and then look for a locksmith on a Sunday. 

As soon as I get there, I will turn on the heat and just go grocery shopping. My sister asked the cleaning lady to come on Wednesday. She has breakfast and lunch and uncle and I will be staying for at least 10 days so, we need food.

Here is a question: Do you ever get obsessed with something for a while and then move on to something else? I was obsessed with audiobooks for several weeks up until last month. Now I am obsessed with YouTube Channels on frugality, home cooking and simple living. I still listen to audiobooks but, mainly to fall asleep.

All these things that I watch make me want to declutter more and more at home. I think my number one goal in 2023 will be that. I have done a lot this year but, I know for sure there is more that can be parted with.

Hope you are having a nice weekend.




5 comments:

  1. I use the audio books now to fall asleep, too. My dh loves watching YouTube channels. I should find some that interest me to watch. You'll have to share some links to the ones you like watching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching travel utube but recently I started watching a French frugal Utuber called Mures et noisettes just for fun.
    A very young lady who managed to save money on a very limited budget and bought 2 apartments in Marseille. I particularly like when Viewers send their budget to her to post and help to find deficiencies. I am curious on how other people manage their money. What surprises me the most is how little working people earn compared to us. Have a safe trip.





    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've watched Mures et Noisettes too. She's a smart young lady isn't she!

      Delete
    2. Some of the best savers are people who earn a lot less than average. I honestly cannot make a zero sum budget but, I do have a spreadsheet which tells me when certain expenses will have to be incurred and I keep a sinking fund for those. Real Estate, Tax, Car maintenance, Tyres etc. are things that I keep tabs on in addition to routine expenses.

      Delete