About Me

Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Before Going Home

On Monday, the dishwasher was taken by the service guys. They were right on time so, that was a nice surprise. I then went to meet my babyhood friends and had Chinese Food. Came home and watched the last episode of our TV show with my American friend M.

Yesterday, I took my car to have my winter tires put on. This year I had to buy a full set of regular tires and winter tires. However, I knew these expenses were going to be incurred this year. Therefore, they were budgeted. 

I then went to get a cup of tea and a napoleon to treat myself. I was so close to Anıtkabir so, I have decided to visit the mausoleum of the founder of Turkish Republic, Mustafa Kemal Ataturk. This coming Sunday, November 29th is the 100th anniversary of the establishment of the country as a democratic republic. I paid my respects and went to the museum in the complex. I feel so good about having visited Anıtkabir.

Today, I visited a friend who had a hernia surgery a couple of weeks ago. We chatted happily for a couple hours and when I noticed that she was getting tired, I took my leave.

I had a late lunch and came home, packed my suitcase and put it in my trunk. If I can finish my business with the real estate dealer early enough, I can just leave to go home to Istanbul. It is a highway and it only takes about 4 hours to drive. Why wait till Friday?

The dishwasher will be delivered early in the morning. After that, I will go to the bank and then to the real estate dealer. Wish me luck for smooth sailing tomorrow.

In about an hour M and I will be watching the first episode of the final season of The Sinner on Netflix.

Hope, everybody is having a nice hump day.



4 comments:

  1. Gosh you have it all planned like a military exercise - and it's so satisfying when it all works out isn't it. I would love to visit that museum - what a visionary that man was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed for a very simple Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne. All went well and guess what? I'm home as as I type this.

      Delete