About Me

Sunday, October 22, 2023

Back in Ankara

It has almost been a whole month since I had posted. I was having a good time and was dead tired at the end of each day. Besides, every day was almost the same as the day before. Go to the beach, swim, have coffee, read book, swim, read book, swim, go home, have dinner, hit the pillow latest by 10:30. Rinse and repeat. It was so relaxing. It was around 80 degrees Fahrenheit the whole time. Perfect! The water was also awesome. It started to get a little cooler on the last few days and that is expected.

A couple of times, uncle and I went on his little boat and that was fantastic too.

The last day of my vacation was Friday and that was not so great though. As I was on my way to the beach one last time, I saw an engine warning light on my dashboard. Luckily, I was not too far from a Ford Service. I brought the car to them and they diagnosed the problem quickly. I was going to have my car serviced for 90K kilometers so, they did that too. I borrowed my uncle's car to go to the beach. 

As I was getting ready to go back to collect my car, a bee decided to sting me. Ouch! The area is still read, warm, swollen and itchy. 

Anyway, I made it to Ankara yesterday and here I am typing a new post.

I have a few errands to run this week in Ankara and I am hoping to go back home on Friday. I miss my home and it has been too long to be away from home.

Tomorrow the dish washer is going to be serviced. Since it is still in warranty, there will be no out of pocket costs. The only problem is, they will need to take it away for a couple of days because the salt dispenser needs to be replaced.

I had recently decided to buy two small lots of land within 30 minutes of the Ankara home as an investment. The area is still under development and it will be a few years before anyone can build on it but, it sounded like a good investment and the price was right. One of my childhood friends also bought two lots. We are next to each other and her brother bought the two lots right behind me.

I do not think, I will build anything there. I will most likely sell the land when the price is right but, who knows? 

I had made a down payment for the lots and on Thursday, I will pay the rest of the money. 

I also have some banking and investment decisions to make this week. Majority of my money is where my sister works but, she is planning to retire in 2024 so, I will re-distribute my money into different accounts and banks. 

Today, I need to rest because the 7 hour drive yesterday was quite tiring. Hope, everyone is having a restful weekend.


13 comments:

  1. When I was younger a vacation to me meant being on the go all the time in order to see and visit everything I could. Now that I'm older, your vacation sounds just wonderful (except for the car bit). Glad you had a great time and I'm sure it did you the world of good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Treaders. I feel healthy and happy. I slept better than usual.

      Delete
  2. Welcome back, it sounds like a wonderful and relaxing time away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was. Feeling healthy and happy and fit due to all that swimming.

      Delete
  3. those sounds like perfect days! But, I'm sure it is good to be back to your own home. It sounds like a solid plan to invest in the land.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it was a good time but like you said, I am now ready to go home. Living off a suitcase is tolerable only for a while.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you had a lovely and looong time. 8-) Well except for that bee and the car lights going on. Glad you made it home safely.
    I watch a Youtuber, a young man and his family from Krasnodar Russia who go to Turkey on holiday. They are in Kemer right now vacationing. He is quite insightful and bright.
    Land is always a good investment since they aren't making any more of it as people say. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turkiye is a country made up of two peninsulas so, our shoreline is about 5,000 miles. There are beaches for everyone's liking. Kemer is nice and not too far away from where my uncle lives.

      Delete
  5. Your days at the beach sound like perfect beach days. I know you are ready to return home, but what a wonderful vacation you were able to have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne. I do feel blessed to have this opportunity. My motto is; "while I can, I should" Life is short. As we age, health issues may pop up so, as long as I can travel and do the things I would like to do, I want to do them.

      Delete
  6. Welcome back. You were missed. Swimming in the Mediterranean Sea is the best. Hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Farah. How is the house hunting and selling?

      Delete
  7. The anonymous post was from Farah

    ReplyDelete