About Me

Friday, October 27, 2023

Settling In

Today, I took care of some bills and banking business. Then I put away my beach things, and started swapping out warmer clothes and summer clothes. Was able to purge a few things here and there which felt good.

I also filled my pill boxes, and started a shopping list. Tonight I am going to try a chick pea dish I have heard so much about. If it turns out yummy, I promise to share the recipe.

I have been having too much red meat recently, so I want to stay away from it for a while. I want to get some fish but, knowing that on Saturday, it will be very crowded everywhere, I am not sure whether I want to go to my favorite fish monger tomorrow. I also want to buy a whole chicken next week to roast. That yields a good amount of meals for me. The weather is getting chilly and may be it is time for a nice chicken soup. I have some veggie scraps in the freezer and using them up sounds like a good idea. After all, this is the season for chillies, chowders and hearty soups, right?

I sorted through lots of paperwork and tossed most of the pile I had as well. The central heating hasn't kicked in yet so, drying laundry is crazy during these days. It will take a while to get rid of the laundry I have. I has washed everything in my suitcase in Ankara so, that made a big dent in the laundry pile but, still there is a lot to wash.

This has been a productive day.


8 comments:

  1. A productive day, yippee! I agree, now is the time for chillies, chowders and soups. I have been doing salads for dinner these last couple of weeks, my friend made a chick pea one but I think I prefer lettuce/spinach/cabbages. I am interested to see yours however!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That dish turned out to be really good. I will share the recipe.

      Delete
  2. I went to Annecy yesterday, ostensibly Christmas shopping, but ended up buying myself a small book on Turkish cooking, so if that chickpea recipe is good, do share! And I'm big on soups too, using up some leeks and kohlrabi yesterday for what must be one of my best soups ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chickpeas were phenomenal. I am going to share the recipe.

      Delete
  3. I love coming back home after a long absence. You got me intrigued with your chick pea dish. I love chick peas but I avoided all carbs in the last 3 months. My A1c was very high so I tried an experiment where avoided most carbs to find out if that will make a big difference. In the Spring, I was eating a lot of fruits mostly cherries, peaches and watermelon. I was not eating a lot meat, but I ate concoctions with pepper, onions, tomatoes,eggplants, and
    A lot of bread. I went for my blood test yesterday test but don’t have the result. Tomorrow, we are going to my friend’s house for a big couscous with our Algerian friends, and I intend to have some. My house is under contract as of now but it’s contingent on the buyer selling their house. Hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with the sale of the house Farah. Hope, the buyer sells her/his house quickly.

      Delete
  4. I bet it is nice to be settling in at home again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels so good. Also, this is the season when I want to cozy up in my home with hot teas and good books.

      Delete