About Me

Tuesday, October 31, 2023

The Chickpea Recipe

I had promised to share the recipe of the chickpeas if it turned out to be tasty. I loved it. It is a Vegan recipe so, a broad number of people may enjoy it.

It is normally a very hot dish but, I cannot tolerate too much heat and I modified the recipe. So, here are the ingredients:

4 cups of boiled chickpeas (you can use canned but I soaked them and boiled them)

2 cups of chopped peppers (any kind you like, you can also mix hot peppers)

1 cup of thinly sliced onions

3-4 big cloves of garlic

1 large diced tomato

1/3 cup olive oil

Salt/Pepper/Red pepper flakes

You mix these all up in a baking pan. Use a large pan and spread the mixture evenly.

Heat your oven to 390 F and put the pan in for 45 minutes. Every 15 minutes mix the ingredients well.

This is a main dish and I served it with salad. In Southeastern Turkiye, people wrap this in pita or tortilla type bread and have it for breakfast. I think that is too many carbs so, I had it for dinner with salad.

I used sweet red and green peppers but, added red pepper flakes to make it a bit hot. It is a perfect Fall dish. 

I finally put all the bags of the extra clothing I decided to purge, in my trunk so, next time I take my car out, those will go into a donation box. 

There is a pile of laundry that needs to be folded and put away. and a small pile of papers I need to sort through and I also need to straighten out my bathroom and the kitchen a little bit. So, these are today's chores. 

Hoping that it will be a productive date for everyone.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the recipe - love chickpeas and we have found cooking them from dried taste the best - even right out of the pan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. Besides dry beans take a lot less space and there is no packaging waste.

      Delete
  2. This sounds delicious! My friend made me something similar but you are right it needs to be on the side of something. I like the idea of it being in a tortilla shell for sure, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like the tortilla too but, I am trying to keep the calories down these days.

      Delete
  3. I'm definitely in cooking mode so thank you so much for that recipe. It sounds wonderful. Our next board game evening is at my house so that could be a contender!

    ReplyDelete